Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question about prime memberships...

This is a discussion on Question about prime memberships... within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi all! I have two kindle fires on their way for me and my wife for christmas and I an pretty darn excited to get ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Question about prime memberships...

Hi all!

I have two kindle fires on their way for me and my wife for christmas and I an pretty darn excited to get my hands on it! I'm wondering about the way amazon prime works though, do we both need to purchase a subscription for it? Or can both our devices share the same account? Paying for two subscriptions I assume will be pretty expensive but I have not taken the time yet to figure out how much it ends up being a month...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I don't think you'll be able to register two KF's to a single Prime account. Because of that limitation, you wouldn't be able to stream to two different devices.

I always figured a Prime account would be part of the bargain. That the true price would be $280 with another $80 due each year. Overall, I don't think it is a horrible deal. I've paid a great deal more for entertainment options and the Kindle Fire + Prime package is about as compelling an entertainment package as I've yet to find.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If they are both registered to the same account that you purchase Prime for, then you'll be able to view Prime videos on both Fires. The limitations will be that both Fires cannot watch the same video at the same time & I think that only 4 Fires on the same account can stream videos (different ones) at the same time.
    All kindle devices registered to the same account can also have access to all ebook content that is purchased.

ETA: OOPS not quite right:
    Amazon.com Help: Prime Instant Videos
    How many videos can I watch at one time?

You can watch up to two Prime instant videos at a time per account. However, any other videos you are simultaneously streaming through Amazon Instant Video will also count towards this limit.
    Last edited by cegabq; 11-14-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Also, you can share one account with I think up to 4 different users. I am on my son's Prime account. I get free 2 day shipping. But I do not have access to free prime videos or the lending library. When my Fire arrives, all my Amazon content; cloud, books, apps etc will appear on my device.

Ads