Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire 2 Announcement

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire 2 Announcement within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hey all! Was just wondering if anyone else is excited about the Kindle Fire 2 announcement?? Its supposed to be on the 31st right? I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kindle Fire 2 Announcement

Member #

Kindle Fire 2 Announcement

Hey all! Was just wondering if anyone else is excited about the Kindle Fire 2 announcement?? Its supposed to be on the 31st right? I can't wait. I'm hoping it has an HD screen and a quad core processor. Also different sizes to choose from would be nice too...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Yes I'm looking forward to it.
    Though I have a Tab 1 10.1 and Android phones and a Kindle Touch I use my Fire quite a bit. I've got lots of effort being pushed on me to get a Nexus tablet but I prefer the simplicity of the Fire with Go Launcher installed because it is more glitch free than my other devices so if there is going to be a 10" Fire with more onboard memory I'll be looking hard at that. If not I'm possibly going to look at the Nexus if they do a 10" version but either way I see my Fire being used for quite a lot more time because of its reliability, imo, due to its simplicity in abilities. It's not designed to be a work horse and isn't plagued with the bugs of work horse devices.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    quadtronix likes this.

Member #
    Im considering the Fire 2 7" if the specs match up or exceed the nexus 7 but I will also be looking at the iPad mini... all depends on price and specs. I also heard Samsung is about to make a big announcement this month... if its a new tablet I will be including that as an option. I'm very happy with my tab 7.0 plus but it was overpriced. Now that 7" tablets are dropping in price I am a very happy camper and I plan on going tablet-crazy this year and next. I hope the Ipad mini turns out to be awesome and inexpensive cause that would make my year! the 7" form factor is perfect for me cause I like to carry around a couple tablets with me in my backpack. We'll have to see what gets announced tommorrow by Amazon but my fingers are crossed for quad core!

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I thought I read somewhere that the announcement was being pushed out? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. The KF 2 will have to be something special to compete with the Nexus 7.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    They said the Fire would have to be something special to compete with the iPad and look how that has turned out so far. With the lack of retailers carrying the Nexus in stock so far, the Fire doing just fine and the iPad being king again the Nexus has a huge hurdle to climb to make more than just another small droplet in the tablet market sales world. With Android fragmentation, promised upgrades that never happen, and the average user not knowing Nexus means no manufacturer interference I just don't see the Nexus making a big dent without some sort of marketing blitz or the press of Apple suing them getting media attention.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    The nexus 7 is getting great reviews and I can't seem to go to a site nowadays without seeing an ad for it... but the fire was the best selling tablet after the Ipad so I'm sure the fire 2 will do well too. Plus if the rumors are correct Amazon is coming out swinging. HD... quad core... front facing camara and different sizes. Plus a whole new redesign! And probably 199.99... I hope they do this tommorrow or asap. I can't wait!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'd look for a release date around the same time as last years.
    Yes the Nexus is The next big thing right now but to make a dent in the non forum community will take an ad blitz like Apple and Amazon does or, like in the case of Samsung, Apple suing them and all of a sudden the average soccer family starts looking to see what the hullabaloo is about, creating a positive sales buzz for them.
    Anyway, as long as the next Fire doesn't move backward in abilities I'll be looking at one. I couldn't care less about a camera but the new quad cores not only run things faster but more efficiently, making battery life better.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The reason the KF did well against the iPad is because it had very little competition at the $200 price point. The Nexus 7's features, at the same price point, simply overpower the KF. To remain competitive, the KF2 will need to be at least as good, if not better, than the Nexus 7 hardware wise, at the same price.

Member #
    Yeah, Nexus 7's Nividaź Tegra processor is one of the bestin today's market.

I hope the new KF get a GOOD processor, not some garbage from Texas Instruments

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Anybody hear anything? I haven't seen any announcements.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links