Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire 2 Announcement

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire 2 Announcement within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by strollin Anybody hear anything? I haven't seen any announcements. I think they delayed the announcemnet... I googled it and come up with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kindle Fire 2 Announcement

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Anybody hear anything? I haven't seen any announcements.
    I think they delayed the announcemnet... I googled it and come up with nothing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am a convert to the Nexus 7 from the Kindle Fire, and I was quietly waiting to hear what the Kindle Fire 2 would be like, so I share everybody's frustration in not hearing the news on 7/31. Hopefully they are able to match specs with the Nexus 7. It should be interesting, and I can't wait to hear the news when it finally comes out. The Kindle Fire 1 is a great tablet in it's own right, so if they keep the Kindle 2 to a similar form factor, and bump up the specs, it should keep the #2 spot in tablet sales.
    quadtronix likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    A little more info

http://www.zdnet.com/amazon-preps-pr...me-7000003090/

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    A little more info

http://www.zdnet.com/amazon-preps-pr...me-7000003090/

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Sweeet! thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Just found an article from today about the Kindle Fire 2... Apparently there might be an add based model for less then $199! Here's the link to the article-

Ad-based Kindle Fire 2 in the works, to be cheaper than any other 7-inch tablet

Sounds like a good plan to me. I have the add supported Kindle 4 and I really don't care what my screensaver looks like... but the adds are not intrusive anyway, IMO.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Yeah, I bought my daughter a Kindle Touch 3G with the ads and I agree that they weren't intrusive at all. They were only displayed on the home screen and never while you were actually reading.

If Amazon can do something like that with a 7" tablet and drop the price well under $200, it could be a winner, especially if it's hardware is at least equal to the Nexus 7. Many people are very price sensitive, so getting the price down as low as possible widens the market.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I have enjoyed my Fire but, admittedly, I haven't used it much since acquiring the Nexus 7 at launch. I really hope the Fire 2 will be a formidable improvement in the 7" category. Looking forward to tomorrow's event. Go Amazon!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I have enjoyed my Fire but, admittedly, I haven't used it much since acquiring the Nexus 7 at launch. I really hope the Fire 2 will be a formidable improvement in the 7" category. Looking forward to tomorrow's event. Go Amazon!
    If not for the Amazon added limitations I'd still be quite content with mine and wouldn't have gotten a Nexus7. No Bluetooth and not being able to use different keyboards are the only ,but very large, drawbacks for my uses. I have noticed the quad core is faster than dual in certain apps but the Fire has never been a slouch by any means. The keyboard limitation would hold back even a 10 core if all I could do was peck on a screen. I slide when not using a Bluetooth keyboard.
    While I still use my Fire quite a bit I'd not get another just because of it being more powerful if Amazon is going to hold it back like they did the first model.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #

Thumbs up

I will upgrade to the HD if Amazon opens up to nonAMAZON apps.

Member #
    The HD models have Bluetooth and an HDMI output. I was surprised that they didn't point this out...if drill down on the specs you'll see it. The 2ND gen Fire non HD lacks this though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links