Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Install 3rd party apps to Kindle Fire: No root or file manager required!

This is a discussion on Install 3rd party apps to Kindle Fire: No root or file manager required! within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Amazon restricts the apps you can install on your Kindle Fire. But what if you want to get apps from outside the Amazon Appstore? Here’s ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Install 3rd party apps to Kindle Fire: No root or file manager required!

Amazon restricts the apps you can install on your Kindle Fire. But what if you want to get apps from outside the Amazon Appstore?

Here’s an easy 3-step solution, with NO root and NO file manager required. Sideload from thousands of free apps directly to your Kindle Fire!

Step 1:
    On your Kindle Fire, go to: Settings > More > Device> Allow Installation of Applications. (Turn this ON and click “OK”)
    Note: Settings is the gear icon in the top right of the screen.

Step 2:
    On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows: SnapPea - Android's Best Friend SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Kindle Fire from the desktop!

Step 3:
    Use a Micro-USB cable to connect your Kindle Fire to your computer. Open SnapPea for Windows and it’ll automatically connect to your phone and install the SnapPea app on your Kindle (so that you can start side-loading apps). You’re all set!

START INSTALLING APPS!

1) Go to: Download > Apps and download from thousands of free apps from 1Mobile. There are no geographic restrictions and all apps are 100% free.

2) Go to: My Phone > Apps and “+Install Apps” to load APK files directly onto your Kindle Fire.

Member #
    Just to clarify before I download and run this...
    Will this side load apps from other than 1Mobile? If so, how?
    This sees your Fire as a phone to install the apps you downloaded?
    Downloaded apps are stored on your PC for later install if needed and viewable to move to any folder?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kudbegud View Post
    Just to clarify before I download and run this...
    Will this side load apps from other than 1Mobile? If so, how?
    This sees your Fire as a phone to install the apps you downloaded?
    Downloaded apps are stored on your PC for later install if needed and viewable to move to any folder?
    @kudbegud
    1) 1Mobile is our sole app download partner in SnapPea for now, but we'll add more soon. To sideload from other sources, download the APK file to your PC and click "+Install APK file" in My Phone > Apps
    2) Yes, SnapPea will recognize your Kindle Fire, install the proper drivers, and let you install apps (and other content) directly to your Fire.
    3) Apps downloaded via SnapPea are stored on your PC: in downloads, just click "Downloads folder" to access your files. You can also use SnapPea to conveniently backup all apps to your PC!

@yourkrishna Thx, we'll keep at it! We want your feedback: hello [*@*] snappea.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Seems kind of complicated to me when you can use the browser on the Fire to download and install the 1Mobile market directly on the Fire without dealing with a pc and a cable.

Member #

can't see downloading sites

just installed snappea on both kindle fire (1st gen) & desktop pc at home. Kindle fire is recognized in Snappea because I can see the contents of my tablet & am able to transfer a few files between tablet & desktop pc. Problem is that I can not see all the download sites - google play, Ted , imobile & Itunestrailer. ( just 2 dots circling around each other). Have installed the program 2x. Still the same result.

Now this is not the 1st time I have used the program. I have initially installed Snappea in my office desktop. It works. I was able to install es file explorer in the kindle fire & did a few app installation. Cant figure out why I am having this problem with the 2nd pc. Anybody has countered such problem? Appreciate your input. thanks.

Ads