Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Critical Review from Wired: Is This Really the Tablet Everyone’s Talking About?

This is a discussion on Critical Review from Wired: Is This Really the Tablet Everyone’s Talking About? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by Skydog There was a good review posted last night on Engadget and they are Apple fanboys. They were particularly impressed with the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    There was a good review posted last night on Engadget and they are Apple fanboys. They were particularly impressed with the solid build.
    Yup saw that article

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    You can't expect the same hardware for $200 that Apple sells for $450. However, we can expect a more user friendly device made with a more open ecosystem. That's all I want.
    Couldn't agree more John

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    That extra tap to call up the volume controls is going to constantly remind me of a mistake they made. Volume, and more importantly "Mute" or "Pause" are controls I want instant results from. The phone rings while I'm watching/listening and I'm instantly jolted into muting/pausing so I can at least wait out the ringing of the phone. An extra tap or two to find those controls is deadly.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    "The Fire’s processor appears ill-prepared to quickly redraw visually intense digital magazine pages. Swiping from page to page occurs in disorienting stutter-steps, making any semblance of ‘reading’ a chore."

Is This Really the Tablet Everyone’s Talking About? | Product Reviews | Wired.com
    That review was just plain marketing.

The Fire’s wide-aspect-ratio video content plays in a 7-inch window. While this window isn’t 720p (and therefore not true HD), it still holds up well to the 720p windows of the 9.7-inch iPad (9 inches at 720p) and all those 10.1-inch Android 3.0 tablets (9.75 inches at 720p).
    For a reviewer on a tech-site to call the iPad's screen a 720p screen is just stupid.

There are quite a few other things mentioned in that review that just don't have any substance other than bashing everything non-iPad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links