Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fantastic Gizmodo Review.

This is a discussion on Fantastic Gizmodo Review. within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I think that free Wifi will continue to proliferate and that with the exception of locations that charge for Wifi because they have a "captive" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fantastic Gizmodo Review.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think that free Wifi will continue to proliferate and that with the exception of locations that charge for Wifi because they have a "captive" audience (airport lounges, for example) the KF will become a better traveling companion. As for GPS, I agree that the social media element of GPS tagging would be beneficial, I consider this part of the 20% I was willing to give up for the 60% price savings.

I don't want to replace my smart phone with a tablet. It would be too cumbersome to travel with. So, I'm less concerned about the lack of a mic. It might be fun to integrate a mic into a gaming environment but that's about where I see the benefits ending.

If the KF follows the trend towards stratified marketing (think Premier status among airline passengers) then it makes sense that Amazon will release a premium Fire (The BonFire :-)) with added capabilities and premium content (concierge services) to accompany these capabilities. I don't think Amazon will ever sell anything that doesn't have an explicit tie to their content, to do so wouldn't support their business model.

I will say that one the biggest surprises to me was see how little difference there is between the size of letterbox video on the iPad and the more fullscreen size on a KF. Realizing how little was given up in the 7" form factor felt to me, at least, like a bonus! Where a larger screen would be most beneficial would be for viewing magazines. Perhaps Amazon will sell enough KFs so that publishers adapt their layouts to the 7" format.
    Last edited by cale_kat; 11-15-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Because I can't leave well enough alone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links