Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Which Kindle to choose?

This is a discussion on Which Kindle to choose? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My wife and children gave me a Kindle Fire for Father's Day and she really likes the book feature and game feature. I would like ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mountainbikermark

Thread: Which Kindle to choose?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Which Kindle to choose?

My wife and children gave me a Kindle Fire for Father's Day and she really likes the book feature and game feature. I would like to get her a Kindle for books and games, but she doesn't want all the other features that are on the Fire. From what I've seen online the basic Kindles have a gray reading screen instead of white. She doesn't like that.

Here's my question: Which of the basic Kindles have a white screen and games in color?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    This is the only Kindle color besides the Fire
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002GY...726434&sr=8-12

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks. I'd better just get her a Fire. She would have a hissy fit if I spent that much on a Kindle for her.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    It's not a big seller either. For that price you could get a nice tablet and put the Kindle app on it.
    I don't know how much fiddling and tweaking you want to do but I put the Mobile 1 market app on mine, got an app called Go Launcher and totally changed my home screen from the stock Fire one so that, like a tablet or smartphone, I've got only the stuff I use on my home screen. After I set it up my home screen is MUCH simpler than the stock Fire carousel because it is set up for my uses and none of the carousel stuff.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    dalearch likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I would have to agree 1000%. While I like my Fire a lot; the stock basic screen gets cluttered quite easily. I have also installed the Mobile 1 market on my Fire and may give your Go Launcher app a try to see if I can't clean it up a bit.
    I have two net books; two lap tops and two desktops and bought the Fire because of its mobility. I never intended for it to be a computer replacement; more of a supplement that could be easily carried anywhere. Plus I wanted to see what all the hoop-la was about tablets. I am very happy with the purchase and recommend it to people I know are looking for a very good value in a tablet. Thanks for the tip on the app. fdalbor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links