Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2 within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; For what it's worth, a random survey popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday. "Do you plan on buying a Nook Tablet? Yes. Maybe. Not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    For what it's worth, a random survey popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday.

"Do you plan on buying a Nook Tablet?

Yes.
    Maybe.
    Not Sure.
    No. "

Remarkably, 80%+ answered "No."

Not "maybe" or "not sure", but flatly "no."

Not scientific, but interesting.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    New e-readers, no matter who they come from, are suffering the "I've already got an e-reader" dilemma. Last year's devices are still perfectly good at doing what they did last year. Amazon has an edge here, since there was no color Kindle last year. Something new for Amazon/Kindle fans at least. We've had the Nook Colorfor a year, and the Nook Tablet doesn't appear to be any more capable or even different in appearance than this old Color. B&N even implied the Nook Color would be upgraded to include any features the Nook Tablet is getting. Since I have an old Color that still works, I can find no reason to buy the new Tablet.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    When looking at ereaders the first time I looked at the NC and found it heavy, even more so when compared to a Kindle. I haven't handled a NC2 but if they didn't address the weight by a dramatic amount that could also be a part of why the emphatic nos in the poll

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I didn't think it was terribly heavy.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    When looking at ereaders the first time I looked at the NC and found it heavy, even more so when compared to a Kindle. I haven't handled a NC2 but if they didn't address the weight by a dramatic amount that could also be a part of why the emphatic nos in the poll

Support Our Troops!!!

Actually, I read that the Nook Tab, despite same form factor, is noticeably lighter than the original. That surprises me since NC is already among the lightest tabs.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    I didn't think it was terribly heavy.
    Some find putting an extended battery on their phone makes it feel heavy but in reality it is only a couple of ounces heavier. Thats more what I meant, not brick heavy but also something I wouldnt want to hold in front of me for a long time while reading. I ended up getting an ipad as an ereader

Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Black Friday is making the landscape more interesting..of note, the Acer A100 (7-inch) is a great little tab, I have one, and will be on sale on Black Friday for $189:
    Best Buy Black Friday Deal on Acer A100-$189.99

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links