Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2 within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by wrcousert Yes I read the question. Why would ANYONE settle for less? What's the point? What am I missing? Different use cases. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kindle Fire vs. Nook Color 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
    Yes I read the question. Why would ANYONE settle for less? What's the point? What am I missing?
    Different use cases. I can see a compelling desire for both! I'm seriously considering the NC2 too...my plan all along was to root the Fire and still be able to enjoy the value-added AMZ services BUT get full market as well. But now that the NC2 is announced, it will already have a huge developer base enjoyed from the original NC...it's still at a price-point that devs can acquire without breaking the bank (you can buy 2 for the price of a single iPad). So once again competition heats up between these two players. One offers superior hardware, the other offers superior services. If I have my druthers, I may end up with both!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
    Yes I read the question. Why would ANYONE settle for less? What's the point? What am I missing?
    Amazon vs Barnes and Noble
    Neither is a good power user device for the average non techie consumer but Amazon content is moving forward by leaps and bounds with its sales strategy while B&N is struggling with the brick and mortar end

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Nook Color 2 vs Fire? I'd give a point to the lightest, a point to the cheapest, a point for each hardware feature the other one doesn't have, a point for the largest storage capacity, a point for any media type one has a store for the other one doesn't, and a point for the one with the best ergonomic design (easiest to hold). As a Prime member I'd have to deduct on point for the yearly membership fee, although that Prime membership should gain a point or two back for free movie downloads as well as free lended ebooks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    and the score is.....WIN!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    The important thing is that no matter how you add it up, different people have different wants and needs.
    I never really understood the need to “convince” people that somehow their choice is the wrong one. Or to ask questions to which you already know the answer.
    Pick your device and root it or leave it stock or eat it.
    Upgrade as needed or move on to something completely new.

People are not all the same.
    People are not sheep in need of a herder [I hope].

<rant/>

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Actually some do await their herder to tell them what they like and need and since his recent death are feeling a bit lost and fearful of a world filled with self thought .

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I get rooting the device, its something I would do anyway .but why purchase a B&N or amazon product when the individual wont use their services?? Would it be wise to just buy a cheap tablet & attempt to root that instead?
    I have both the Kindle & Nook Color. Each device has its pros & cons. I have a Xoom & that just blows both ofit away. I have the Kindle app & Nook app on my Xoom & works great

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess View Post
    I get rooting the device, its something I would do anyway .but why purchase a B&N or amazon product when the individual wont use their services?? Would it be wise to just buy a cheap tablet & attempt to root that instead?
    Where can you get a $249 tablet that can match the hardware of the Nook Tablet?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    The important thing is that no matter how you add it up, different people have different wants and needs.
    I never really understood the need to “convince” people that somehow their choice is the wrong one. Or to ask questions to which you already know the answer.
    Pick your device and root it or leave it stock or eat it.
    Upgrade as needed or move on to something completely new.

People are not all the same.
    People are not sheep in need of a herder [I hope].

<rant/>
    Imagine walking into a store to break a $20 bill and the clerk offers you your choice of two tens or three tens. Would you take two tens?

Buying a Kindle Fire is like taking two ten dollar bills when you can get a third at no extra charge.

Unless of course you want the software and services that come with the Fire. I could care less since I would be rooting it and installing CM9.

I understand that some people may want these services. You totally ignored my original question. For those of you who will root your devices, what benefit is there to getting a Fire instead of a Nook?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I bought a refurbished Nook Color for $135...and it works perfectly fine

I have too many tablets now, so I wouldn't need the NC2....yet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links