Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Clarification of movie playing capabilities?

This is a discussion on Clarification of movie playing capabilities? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I read a few negative reviews of the fire that said it cannot play movies from your home computer. Is this true? Im sure there ...

Member #

Clarification of movie playing capabilities?

I read a few negative reviews of the fire that said it cannot play movies from your home computer. Is this true? Im sure there will be several workarounds in the days to come, but I have a pretty extensive dvd collection that I would like to to be able to load up for trips to take with me and I want to know that the fire will be able to handle them in the right formats. Anyone have issues with formats or fire not playing videos from your pc?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MinusMyX View Post
    I read a few negative reviews of the fire that said it cannot play movies from your home computer. Is this true? Im sure there will be several workarounds in the days to come, but I have a pretty extensive dvd collection that I would like to to be able to load up for trips to take with me and I want to know that the fire will be able to handle them in the right formats. Anyone have issues with formats or fire not playing videos from your pc?
    might be helpful if you posted a link to the review.

i read somewhere that the latest fire would only copy a limited file size 4gb maybe ? and that people trying to copy blue ray, were having trouble and some one on here i think complaining that it wouldn't play MV files, but that was possibly him or rather the vid player he was using a

mine plays mp4s with no problems, thats really all i can say with certainty, other than make sure you use a decent player with all the codex loaded, vcl player and vid buddy seem fairly bullet proof
    Last edited by jobo; 03-18-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links