Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Storage Stories

This is a discussion on Storage Stories within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; What is using up all the storage space on my Kindle Fire? I have a Fire HD 8 that has a nominal 28GB of Internal ...

Thread: Storage Stories

Member #

Storage Stories

What is using up all the storage space on my Kindle Fire? I have a Fire HD 8 that has a nominal 28GB of Internal Storage. Right now I have only 7.08GB free storage available. I have searched all the folders (and most of the subfolders) in Internal Storage without finding the 25+ GB that is filling the device memory. Downloads of large files get moved to the Storage Device but something is filling up my Internal Storage. Anybody out there know what's going on or what is using up that space???

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixfire View Post
    What is using up all the storage space on my Kindle Fire? I have a Fire HD 8 that has a nominal 28GB of Internal Storage. Right now I have only 7.08GB free storage available. I have searched all the folders (and most of the subfolders) in Internal Storage without finding the 25+ GB that is filling the device memory. Downloads of large files get moved to the Storage Device but something is filling up my Internal Storage. Anybody out there know what's going on or what is using up that space???
    olong with most '' android '' devices you only get a fairly larg.e portion of the claimed memary, some where around the 20 g mark. the resr being taken up with operating stuff
    . then whats left fills up with '' clutter'' computers like to save everything as a few people have found out to their cost. then theres the acumulation of apps and the room they reserve to work, which can quite considerably exceed their actual download size

easy way. reset it to factory. then all that junk will disapear and youl be back where you started

more difficult wway. use ES file manager storage anylizer to go through and remove stuff

Member #
    I was afraid that resetting the device to "Factory Settings" would screw up my access to sites, require reloading passwords, and other annoying byproducts. Is this not true?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixfire View Post
    I was afraid that resetting the device to "Factory Settings" would screw up my access to sites, require reloading passwords, and other annoying byproducts. Is this not true?
    its going to be exactly the same as when it was new

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links