Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Disable Autostart/Restart On App(s)

This is a discussion on Disable Autostart/Restart On App(s) within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have been searching for days and found no solution without rooting / hacking my Fire HD8 (6th gen). It should be simple. I would ...

Member #

Disable Autostart/Restart On App(s)

I have been searching for days and found no solution without rooting / hacking my Fire HD8 (6th gen).

It should be simple.

I would like to simply disable the autostart function on the e-mail app that comes with the tablet. I also installed the outlook app from the appstore and both seem to do the same thing.

When I want to check my e-mail, I will launch the app. When done, I will close the app (force stop). I don't want the tablet notifying me all day about e-mails.

It seems that the apps will restart on their own.

Some of the solution I have read about do not seem to apply to my Fire. Permissions are displayed but I am unable to change them.

Is there any quick / easy solution to keep an app from autostarting or restarting without hacking the device?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barryware View Post
    I have been searching for days and found no solution without rooting / hacking my Fire HD8 (6th gen).

It should be simple.

I would like to simply disable the autostart function on the e-mail app that comes with the tablet. I also installed the outlook app from the appstore and both seem to do the same thing.

When I want to check my e-mail, I will launch the app. When done, I will close the app (force stop). I don't want the tablet notifying me all day about e-mails.

It seems that the apps will restart on their own.

Some of the solution I have read about do not seem to apply to my Fire. Permissions are displayed but I am unable to change them.

Is there any quick / easy solution to keep an app from autostarting or restarting without hacking the device?
    There will be taken off notifications setting in the app zettings, , or delete them if you can and access your e.all through the browsers, that will sort that out, or turn of the notification volume, then it's not beeping at you all day

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    There will be taken off notifications setting in the app zettings, , or delete them if you can and access your e.all through the browsers, that will sort that out, or turn of the notification volume, then it's not beeping at you all day
    Thanks for the reply.. I am familiar with the notification settings.

However my goal is to disable the autostart function on these two e-mail apps and make it so if I "force stop", they won't restart.

Sometimes the e-mail apps will mess with the e-mails to the point which may affect the e-mails when using my PC and e-mail client (outlook, part of my Office Pro suite).

For instance, an e-mail read (or not) on the tablet may not show up in my PC e-mail client because it thinks the e-mail was read.

Sooooo.. Looking for a way to disable the autostart / restart function on apps without hacking the OS on the tablet..

As said.. Been searching for days.. I did find an app (or two) that claims it will do what I want but it (they) didn't work as I expected.
    Last edited by barryware; 09-06-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barryware View Post
    Thanks for the reply.. I am familiar with the notification settings.

However my goal is to disable the autostart function on these two e-mail apps and make it so if I "force stop", they won't restart.

Sometimes the e-mail apps will mess with the e-mails to the point which may affect the e-mails when using my PC and e-mail client (outlook, part of my Office Pro suite).

For instance, an e-mail read (or not) on the tablet may not show up in my PC e-mail client because it thinks the e-mail was read.

Sooooo.. Looking for a way to disable the autostart / restart function on apps without hacking the OS on the tablet..

As said.. Been searching for days.. I did find an app (or two) that claims it will do what I want but it (they) didn't work as I expected.
    Why waste my time by saying its about notifications.

Your making a problem that doesn't exist , uninstall them and use the browser to access emails, if the preexisting one wont uninstall, just stop using it and use the browser.

You've granted them permissions to run, stopping those permissions isn5 that easy.

If you want to spend a load of time messing about for no good reason,,,,

All in one tool box, allows you to choose which apps launch at start up, however some of those will launch anyway some time later, try it and see, it does speed up the boot process considerably

Battery saver apps allow you to prevent selected apps from accessing the internet till you launch them, that's generally a better way to control them.

Or if you really want control, install a permissions editing app, which as its same suggests allows you to deselect which permissions you will allow, this works with some apps, other just stop working all together.
    Last edited by jobo; 09-07-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links