Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Charging Issue, Is Kindle Fire HD 7" Defective?

This is a discussion on Charging Issue, Is Kindle Fire HD 7" Defective? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello everyone,, I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge. I have used a ...

Member #

Charging Issue, Is Kindle Fire HD 7" Defective?

Hello everyone,,
    I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge.

I have used a 9V 2A wall charger and get maybe 8%, but I was only charging for one hour as a test. In that hour I went from 81% to 90, and Kindle said it would be fully charged in print holiday postcards for mailing another 51 minutes.

Whether I charge by laptop or wall charger, both 7%. Used two different charging cables, in case one was defective, same result. The 9v wall charger has two ports, the A for Apple products, NA for the rest of us. The A port seemed a little faster in spite of the recommendation to use the NA.

I'm tired of charging my Kindle all night only to find it still isn't 100%.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Lincon; 10-04-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincon View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge.

I have used a 9V 2A wall charger and get maybe 8%, but I was only charging for one hour as a test. In that hour I went from 81% to 90, and Kindle said it would be fully charged in another 51 minutes.

Whether I charge by laptop or wall charger, both 7%. Used two different charging cables, in case one was defective, same result. The 9v wall charger has two ports, the A for Apple products, NA for the rest of us. The A port seemed a little faster in spite of the recommendation to use the NA.

I'm tired of charging my Kindle all night only to find it still isn't 100%.

Discuss.
    Probably, it sounds like the battery is past it's best, do you mean a 9 volt charger, .? That really not a good idea.

If you tried a good lead and a USB there no excessive movement 8n the charging port, then its odds on the battery is end of life,

Its complicated more by the fact the charging indexation isn't at all accurate, and 89% may well be 99%.or 79% ?.? When the charge drops like a stone then it's really time to call it quits, until then , if its usable its usable
    Last edited by jobo; 05-24-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Member #
    No , its not defective , even i got the same issue with kindle . Restart your Kindle Fire HD by pressing the power button down for 20 seconds and then turning it back on again.
    Turn your internet router off for a few seconds and then back on again to get rid of any network connectivity issues

Member #
    read this article about how to fix the issue maybe it will help...!!!!
    article link
    Last edited by smithclarkson; 10-06-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smithclarkson View Post
    read this article about how to fix the issue maybe it will help...!!!!
    article link
    That's written by someone who is clueless about electricity in general and fire charger ports in particular

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links