Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon now listing Fire as a Kindle device assigned to me

This is a discussion on Amazon now listing Fire as a Kindle device assigned to me within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Just noticed that Fire shows as a Kindle device I own on my account - but not registered yet. Not sure if they always do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Amazon now listing Fire as a Kindle device assigned to me

Member #

Amazon now listing Fire as a Kindle device assigned to me

Just noticed that Fire shows as a Kindle device I own on my account - but not registered yet. Not sure if they always do this at order/pre order time or if it's in anticipation of shipping. Interesting...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mine's been showing that way since order date (9/29/11). It's what they always do; nothing said about any early shipping planned.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It sure wouldn't hurt them to ship some earlier than origionally promised. The one reason I don't buy stuff from amazon using my Prime account is when their ship date on the thing is two or more weeks out, yet other non-prime amazon sources are in-stock to ship within 24 hours of my order. I'm convinced they do this on purpose, as when I do order something using Prime shipping they'll invariably ship it earlier than that promised date. You can't bet on it though, and it is never within the 2-days it should have shown up.

There are reports that pre-orders are forcing them to ramp up production higher than they had anticipated. I'm thinking this will get them more, sooner. Hopefully they'll ship them when they have them, and not wait just because a promised ship date is still out there.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Would be nice if that meant you don't have to pay for it!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahWJR View Post
    Just noticed that Fire shows as a Kindle device I own on my account - but not registered yet. Not sure if they always do this at order/pre order time or if it's in anticipation of shipping. Interesting...
    That was very satisfying to see on my account - It is going to be a long 2 weeks to get my device - I'm itching to get it in my hands and this just makes it all the more pleasant to anticipate
    wicked likes this.
    Life! Life! Give my creation LIFE!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    That was very satisfying to see on my account - It is going to be a long 2 weeks to get my device - I'm itching to get it in my hands and this just makes it all the more pleasant to anticipate
    Welcome to the site Tomcat! Glad you joined us!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome to the forum.

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahWJR View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, UtahWJR.

Welcome to the Forum, Tomcat.

Glad you guys joined us.

Member #
    .....hmmm....I ordered mine on Oct. 9 but it doesn't show up under devices in my account. Wonder why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links