Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery Discharge While Charging Icon Present

This is a discussion on Battery Discharge While Charging Icon Present within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a completely illogical situation and I'm hoping one of you can help me make sense of it. I have a Fire 7 purchased ...

Member #

Battery Discharge While Charging Icon Present

I have a completely illogical situation and I'm hoping one of you can help me make sense of it.

I have a Fire 7 purchased in November '17. It will not charge. I assumed there was a problem with the charging port as that seems to be the weakest element of these tablet. However, after patiently working with the plug then leaving it untouched, I was able to activate the charging icon and watched the battery percentage rise to 24% (over 2.5 hours). Then, while the device remained untouched on the table (no chance for a short in either the port or the cord) it began to LOSE CHARGE.

Here's the illogical part - the charging icon was still showing (lightning bolt over the battery) yet the battery charge percentage was steadily declining... within 2 hours it was about 15% - after remaining plugged in overnight it was completely dead.

Any thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    I have a completely illogical situation and I'm hoping one of you can help me make sense of it.

I have a Fire 7 purchased in November '17. It will not charge. I assumed there was a problem with the charging port as that seems to be the weakest element of these tablet. However, after patiently working with the plug then leaving it untouched, I was able to activate the charging icon and watched the battery percentage rise to 24% (over 2.5 hours). Then, while the device remained untouched on the table (no chance for a short in either the port or the cord) it began to LOSE CHARGE.

Here's the illogical part - the charging icon was still showing (lightning bolt over the battery) yet the battery charge percentage was steadily declining... within 2 hours it was about 15% - after remaining plugged in overnight it was completely dead.

Any thoughts?
    Well the battery is gone,! You can possibly get a bit more life out of it by charging on a higher power charger so there's more going in than the battery is losing, but eventually that wont work either, I have one the same age that is exactly the same

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links