Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire contents not available when you are out of U.S.

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire contents not available when you are out of U.S. within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire as a U.S. customer, but I'll be often and for long periods of time in Europe. So I called ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Kindle Fire contents not available when you are out of U.S.

Hi, I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire as a U.S. customer, but I'll be often and for long periods of time in Europe.
    So I called Amazon to be sure to have full access to all contents when out of U.S.
    Simply put, the reply was: No!

Yes, you can access all the application outside the US.
    But will not be able to download new apps to your Kindle fire.

You can download Kindle contents, subscriptions when you're traveling outside US.
    The Kindle fire included Mp3 application, Video on Demand application and a application to download new android applications from Amazon.com store.
    Only you will not be able to download MP3, stream videos and download any applications from Amazon android store.

Currently, they have the option available to download application only in US.

I'm cancelling my order.

While all new tablets seem to be worldwide devices, the indeed very interesting Kindle Fire seems created only for a local market......

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I may be wrong ,but I think it's that way with Amazon on all devices

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    All Amazon devices and many other companies content stores are regionally limited. As the technology advances hopefully things will change.

Member #
    As for normal Kindle, you are allowed to download e-books from everywhere in the world..........and in every language available.....

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I wonder if it has anything to do with copyright laws or international royalty fees....

I'm sure I read somewhere that Amazon will be selling the Fire worldwide but maybe not until early next year.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with copyright laws or international royalty fees....

I'm sure I read somewhere that Amazon will be selling the Fire worldwide but maybe not until early next year.
    That's why I wrote what I did. I remember something about a poster on another forum writing about the laws in Canada are the hold up with Amazon, Great Britain as well on apps

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCurious View Post
    As for normal Kindle, you are allowed to download e-books from everywhere in the world..........and in every language available.....
    Thats a good point.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    All Amazon devices and many other companies content stores are regionally limited. As the technology advances hopefully things will change.
    Certainly hope so

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    For what it's worth, neither HBO GO nor NETFLIX streaming work outside the US. At least they didn't for me while I was in Mexico earlier this month. I wonder if you'd be able to access your personal cloud drive outside the US? Looks like you'll need to load up the machine before international trips. Not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

Member #

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links