Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon is offering up to $135 for used Kindles. Wondering if I should trade in?

This is a discussion on Amazon is offering up to $135 for used Kindles. Wondering if I should trade in? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I bought a 3rd Gen Kindle with wifi only last Christmas using credit card reward points. Now Amazon is offering $37.75 in Amazon credit if ...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Amazon is offering up to $135 for used Kindles. Wondering if I should trade in?

I bought a 3rd Gen Kindle with wifi only last Christmas using credit card reward points. Now Amazon is offering $37.75 in Amazon credit if I trade it in. With the cheap Kindles now going for $79, I think I'd almost be foolish not to dump my old Kindle back on Amazon. By the time I'm outdoors reading in bright sunlight the price of a Kindle will probably be about $40. LOL. I've got a KF coming on the 17th, should I trtrade in the old eInk model?

DrivetheGreen66
    That's a hard decision. Personally I've used the Nook eink model and prefer it to the color screen of my xoom. However I'm looking forward to the Kindle Fire and seeing how it goes for reading.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That sounded like a vote to keep it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'll have to look into that! I have a 3rd gen wifi too... I'd trade it in for a touch for sure. Btw... I also have a Fire on preorder, but I figure that will be mainly for movie watching by my son... and for me to mess with when I can pry it out of his hands!

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by cale_kat View Post
    That sounded like a vote to keep it.
    Haha. You can always sell it online. Its a hard decision.

I also have the fire preordered

Sent from my Droid Bionic via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivetheGreen66 View Post
    You can always sell it online.
    No offense meant to you Drive... but this expression has almost become a mantra for customer service personnel. I had to return a Dell laptop last month. The customer service person at Dell suggested I sell it on Ebay. I was reviewing the return policy over at Woot and they suggest that if you're not happy with your purchase, you sell it on Ebay.

In general, the "you can always sell it online" suggestion makes light of the fact that you have to devote time to listing the item, answering a bunch of email questions from people that probably aren't going to bid anyway, and paying fees to Ebay, Paypal, and possibly to supplement shipping. You have to pack your product and drag it down to the shipper. Then the buyer will want to get an email with the tracking number.

Did I mention that Amazon pays for shipping the product to them? If the KF reflects the same sort of convenience they show in other parts of their store, I'm going to be very happy.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links