Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How good is KindleFire at displaying images?

This is a discussion on How good is KindleFire at displaying images? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I would use KindleFire mainly for E-books but as a wildlife imager would like to use it to display a selection of my images. An ...

Member #

How good is KindleFire at displaying images?

I would use KindleFire mainly for E-books but as a wildlife imager would like to use it to display a selection of my images.
    An image of mine can be viewed at: [url=http://www.feathersandphotos.com.au/forum/showthread.php?11535-White-winged Fairy-wrens ( Malurus leucopterus) Sturt NP NSW[/url]
    I would greatly appreciate an evaluation from someone who is using KindleFire, please?

A secondary question is I wondered if later a GPS facility might be available for KindleFire in the future? It would be a valuable addition for use in the field for this member.

Thanks you in advance
    From RodWW an obvious Newbie!!
    Last edited by Hawaiian Princess; 10-21-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well, it won't be released until Nov 15 (delivery anywhere from Nov 16 on). So I'm not sure anyone has one yet to be able to answer your question

Member #
    Thanks! Cegabq!! Hadn't checked the release date so I will repeat this question after it hits the deck.
    Best regards and thanks
    RodWW

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You might want to consider the HTC Flyer for now. Decent camera with GPS tagging available. Nice 1024 x 600 screen. $299 price at the moment. Printing to several brands of WiFi printers, and HTC's Scribe tech which is great for annotating documents or photos or screen captures of anything on the Flyer's screen. You can send photos to it over bluetooth, or copy them to a microSD card installable in the Flyer, or copy them when hooked up to a PC over bluetooth. You can also email them to yourself and open/save them on the Flyer.

It'll also run all of amazon's apps for essentially all the capabilities of the Fire.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    RodWW, I would want a larger screen to display images of wildlife photography. Just an observation totally unrelated to the quality of the KF's screen, which is reportedly very good, especially where it comes to viewing at an angle.

Edited to add: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets very high reviews for screen quality.
    Last edited by cale_kat; 10-21-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links