Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Apple rumored to counter Amazon Kindle Fire with 'iPad mini' in 2012

This is a discussion on Apple rumored to counter Amazon Kindle Fire with 'iPad mini' in 2012 within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; They managed to give the new Nexus a huge screen without increasing the overall size of the phone much at all....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Apple rumored to counter Amazon Kindle Fire with 'iPad mini' in 2012

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    They managed to give the new Nexus a huge screen without increasing the overall size of the phone much at all.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Isn't the Droid Razr going to be 4.65 screen size? That's just insane huge to me, might as well get a tablet like a Kindle Fire or Samsung Tab 7

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    I believe it will be 4.3, same as my Galaxy S 2 which is only a tad bit bigger than my 4 inch Captivate that it replaced.
    They are all big next to the IPhone 4S but not "too big" IMO.
    In fact I think 4 inches is the best all around size and I won't be getting anything in the 4.5 to 5 inch class which seems to be becoming the standard.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I just read on another forumthe physical dimensions are the same, just a smaller bezel for more screen

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    The Nexus is going to have a 4.65 inch screen.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    My bad. I mixed up the phones

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The size of these things is starting to get out of hand. IMO they should stop playing screen size hopscotch and go right to 7" phones. No, you won't want to hold one up to your ear, but package a nice bluetooth or NFC headset with them (or even jewelry that serves as the mic and earpiece). Use the tablet as speaker phone when you can. Let's allow people to carry one device that does everything perfectly.

I'm loving my HTC 7" Flyer. Just added Samsung's 5" Galaxy media player to my collection though and find 5" almost as useful as 7" is. Difference is how often my reading glasses have to go on. The population is aging, and 5" will follow 4.65". 6" will follow 5", and so on. I say skip the minor bumps and go right to 7". You know you'll want a 7" phone.
    Hidef1080 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    The size of these things is starting to get out of hand. IMO they should stop playing screen size hopscotch and go right to 7" phones. No, you won't want to hold one up to your ear, but package a nice bluetooth or NFC headset with them (or even jewelry that serves as the mic and earpiece). Use the tablet as speaker phone when you can. Let's allow people to carry one device that does everything perfectly.

I'm loving my HTC 7" Flyer. Just added Samsung's 5" Galaxy media player to my collection though and find 5" almost as useful as 7" is. Difference is how often my reading glasses have to go on. The population is aging, and 5" will follow 4.65". 6" will follow 5", and so on. I say skip the minor bumps and go right to 7". You know you'll want a 7" phone.
    Here you go...
    5.4 inch phone/tab!
    Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Note review | News | TechRadar UK

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    .. and heres an article that sums up many of the reasons to doubt the veracity of these iPad mini rumours

Why Apple Isnít Going to Release a 7-inch iPad

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm not sure if anyone read the article but it was kinda clear that Apple "mini" was never about a 7 inch tablet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone read the article but it was kinda clear that Apple "mini" was never about a 7 inch tablet.
    At least according to Brian White. Now there are other sources revising the rumour saying the 7" form factor exists and engineering samples are out there. The operative word in all of this is "rumour"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links