Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moving on...

This is a discussion on Moving on... within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was released this past Sunday so I picked one up. I find that it does everything I used the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving on...

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Moving on...

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was released this past Sunday so I picked one up. I find that it does everything I used the KF for plus much more so I gave my KF to my son. I enjoyed using the KF while I had it but I prefer the Samsung due to it's full Android 4.0 (ICS) OS, Bluetooth, GPS, 1G RAM, 8G of internal storage with expandable storage (I put a 32G micro SD card in it for a total of 40G of storage) and cameras (2) as well as access to Google Play without having to jump thru hoops or needing to sideload apps. Well worth the $50 premium over the cost of the KF, IMO.

The single detractor that I have encountered thus far is that Samsung chose to use a proprietary connector for the charge cable instead of a micro USB connector. It came with 1 cable, I ordered 2 more to have some spares.
    Last edited by strollin; 04-24-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Hope you enjoy the Tab. I know I really enjoy my first gen 10.1.
    Yes the Fire is great at what it was designed for but for those who need/want more the Tab 2 is a great device and there are more very capable budget priced tablets on the horizon as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm definitely intrigued by the new 7" Galaxy Tab. I think there's no question that those looking for a more comprehensive Android experience (and an overall more "tablet-esque" device) will find it a better choice than the KF. I hope though that Amazon is not tempted to compete in this product space. Samsung is a hardware manufacturer; Amazon isn't. I think they (and their customers) would not be well served by spreading their attention to cover the additional functionality.

Strollin,

Where did you buy the Galaxy 2?
    Last edited by jsh1120; 04-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    The first in stock source I saw it at was, lol, Amazon of all places, clearly showing me that they are not afraid of competition, unlike their fruit competitor

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    The first in stock source I saw it at was, lol, Amazon of all places, clearly showing me that they are not afraid of competition, unlike their fruit competitor

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Actually, I suspect that Amazon makes considerably more from the sale of a Samsung Tablet than from the sale of a Kindle Fire.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I got my Galaxy Tab at Best Buy. They were in stock at my local store on the 1st day they were released.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    I got my Galaxy Tab at Best Buy. They were in stock at my local store on the 1st day they were released.
    My local Best Buy still didn't have any when I was in there this morning looking at something else.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    My local Best Buy still didn't have any when I was in there this morning looking at something else.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I was in a local store called Fry's Electronics today and they had one on display. Didn't ask if they had any in stock but figure if they had one on display, they probably had them in stock.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    I was in a local store called Fry's Electronics today and they had one on display. Didn't ask if they had any in stock but figure if they had one on display, they probably had them in stock.
    Fry's......argghhhhhhh......

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Fry's......argghhhhhhh......
    ?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links