Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moving on...

This is a discussion on Moving on... within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; They ran it their weekly ad today...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    They ran it their weekly ad today

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    ?????
    Have had some very bad experiences with Fry's. Suffice to say that it's a good idea to be sure that (a) whatever you buy is in a sealed package that shows no signs of being re-sealed and (b) you don't count on returning anything you purchase. Try checking the net for problems with Fry's and you'll be inundated with hits.

By the way, I'm not an especially picky consumer. I seldom return merchandise for any reason. If a product doesn't meet my needs but does what it's supposed to do I figure the responsibility is mine. But after three experiences with Fry's refusing to accept (literally) broken and/or incomplete products as returns, I stopped shopping there.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 04-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Have had some very bad experiences with Fry's. Suffice to say that it's a good idea to be sure that (a) whatever you buy is in a sealed package that shows no signs of being re-sealed and (b) you don't count on returning anything you purchase. Try checking the net for problems with Fry's and you'll be inundated with hits.

By the way, I'm not an especially picky consumer. I seldom return merchandise for any reason. If a product doesn't meet my needs but does what it's supposed to do I figure the responsibility is mine. But after three experiences with Fry's refusing to accept (literally) broken and/or incomplete products as returns, I stopped shopping there.
    Interesting. I have been shopping at Fry's since they opened their first store in 1985 and I'm well aware of their practice of resealing packages and putting them back on the shelf. In their favor, the packages are always marked so it's plain to see they have been returned and are usually discounted for that reason. I have returned many things to Fry's and have never had them refuse a return. Sorry that your experience has been different.

Fry's continues to be my "goto" store based on their selection and prices even though their sales personnel may not be the most knowledgeable.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Interesting. I have been shopping at Fry's since they opened their first store in 1985 and I'm well aware of their practice of resealing packages and putting them back on the shelf. In their favor, the packages are always marked so it's plain to see they have been returned and are usually discounted for that reason. I have returned many things to Fry's and have never had them refuse a return. Sorry that your experience has been different.

Fry's continues to be my "goto" store based on their selection and prices even though their sales personnel may not be the most knowledgeable.
    I guess the moral of this is YMMV
    We don't have a Fry's in my area so I can't honestly say either way. I do know Best Buy sales is a Jekyll/Hyde but their return department here has been top notch

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

As Mark notes, YMMV. My experiences at Fry's were so uniformly negative that I stopped shopping there but obviously they have enough satisfied customers to stay in business.

I would say though that one of the negative experiences I had was a resealed package that was neither marked nor discounted. Obviously, errors can happen in a retail environment and my general rule is that every merchant gets at least one free pass on a problem and all merchants are judged on the basis of how they they deal with problems, not whether those problems occur. For me, at least, Fry's failed both of these tests.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    As Mark notes, YMMV. My experiences at Fry's were so uniformly negative that I stopped shopping there but obviously they have enough satisfied customers to stay in business.

I would say though that one of the negative experiences I had was a resealed package that was neither marked nor discounted. Obviously, errors can happen in a retail environment and my general rule is that every merchant gets at least one free pass on a problem and all merchants are judged on the basis of how they they deal with problems, not whether those problems occur. For me, at least, Fry's failed both of these tests.
    I'm curious as to what part of the country you are in. Fry's started in Sunnyvale, CA which is where I generally shop. Were your experiences in a different state?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    May I suggest, since you are happy with your Tab, you look at another forum ,a sister site to this one , galaxytabforums.net ?
    There's not really a lot of Tab 2 sub forum traffic there yet but there is quite a very helpful membership force that right now mostly frequents the 10.1 area.
    Your insight and reviews of your Tab would be greatly appreciated. I've PMed you a link directly to the Tab2 forum

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 04-30-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I just ordered one [from Amazon], and for the same reason as the original poster. Love my KFire, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 looks like it will do so much more than the KF.

Haven't decided what to do with the KF, but plan to use both until I decide.

Truly enjoy this site and it has been a great help.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm curious as to what part of the country you are in. Fry's started in Sunnyvale, CA which is where I generally shop. Were your experiences in a different state?
    Seattle area.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

I also had negative experiences with Fry's in the Bay area and stopped going there. They couldn't even retrieve a receipt for me for a high value item and the people I talked to about it couldn't carry on a conversation in English. I got fed up with trying to explain the problem to them. However, my brother swears by them and makes special trips to their stores from the central coast. To each his own, I say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links