Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon and Privacy

This is a discussion on Amazon and Privacy within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Has anyone had or know of Amazon having privacy issues like Facebook? I know Amazon will keep records of the stuff I buy which is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Amazon and Privacy

Has anyone had or know of Amazon having privacy issues like Facebook?
    I know Amazon will keep records of the stuff I buy which is totally fine with me but I don't want a list of what I buy going out to “friends” and such.

Is Amazon better about privacy than Facebook?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hmm good question. And the 1-click pymt I'm not fond off for sure, but makes it simple to purchase.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I have never heard of them having an issue. I do all of my purchasing with a prepaid card.

DrivetheGreen66
    I've never heard of an issue either.

Sent from my Droid Bionic via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Don't know if this would be considered exactly responsive, but the best way to handle Amazon & One-click, for smaller purchases like apps & cheap Kindle books, is to give your self a gift card; that way, you can then take off a credit card & nnot have a problem with the card on file or with small charges triggering a fraud alert from your credit card company

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    "Share" to Facebook are one issue. A Web browser that passes through Amazon's servers is a whole 'nother bag of worms. Of course as far as I know the Chrome browser coming to Android will pass through Googles servers too. Both companies will be sifting through your web experiences to cull the best info possible on what you want whether you like it or not.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Interesting topic! I'm curious about this 'Silk' browsing experience (cached pages thru their servers) where they can act essentially as a proxy server for all of your traffic viewed on the tab. Not too sure I'm comfortable with that...and hacking the tab will remedy that, but I am interested also to see what this Silk is all about in real world usage, too.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I believe Amazon has given us an option to turn off the cache in Silk which is great but my fear is Amazon "could" keep the info and do whatever they want with it.
    It seems as if Amazon is far better than Facebook about that but I think it's always good to keep an eye on privacy and to make sure companies and services are open about what they plan on doing with the information before they do it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm sure what they'll mainly do is use it to tailor the advertising you see. Anyway, for me, if it significantly enhances my browsing experience, I'll be happy. Anything I don't care to have Amazon know about, I'll do on another device.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The only real worry I have is what the hackers will do with the collected data when they steal it. This WILL happen eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links