Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unwanted tabs

This is a discussion on Unwanted tabs within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Somehow this issue suddenly disappeared from my KF. Maybe is related to the latest update....who knows?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unwanted tabs

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Somehow this issue suddenly disappeared from my KF. Maybe is related to the latest update....who knows?

Member #
    This has already gone past annoying. Here's is what I am experiencing: After web browsing, I would clear my sites--bottom button and hit clear history. Then, touch each tab icon until menu displays and I choose Delete. I do this for each web icon I no longer need to be displayed. I exit the browser. The next time I open the browser they do not show up. Until, when I finish my next browser session and delete the history again, there they are--the ones I deleted previously. And, it just seems to be these reoccurring 5 site tabs from craigslist--I no longer am in the market for a new car, tv, stereo, etc. Please stay off my browser history. But, here's another wierd thing--when I go to remove these from my history, it says my history is empty--probably because I haven't openned these sites since the first time.
    Anyone figure out how to remove these for good?

Member #
    I"m having similar problems.. the web browsing has slowly gotten worse the longer i have owned it. Occasionally it will lockup on a site and become unresponsive which i can understand. But it has now been opening up random tabs, along with histories in bunches. Such as when you open the web browser, instead of it opening to just your default page, it will open 6-7 odd pages all at once, some from histories, but some are sites i've never seen from diet pills, loans, to even adult sites. I then have to close everything out, wipe the cache and history, reboot and open it back up. It will then seem to work normal again, but this problem seema random and intermitten, and seems to occur more often when it's not in use for awhile. Unfortunately i haven't put enough systematic thought to it, to better describe what its doing. Unfortunately i don't use my kindle fire daily because i have several other devices i use. I don't mind a random page or something opening, but as i've said it seems to be getting worse with age and the adult sites that open up are unexpected.... I have only begun to search the web for info on this, but is it possible to have a virus or some kind of malware? I've been meaning to check with one of our tech guys in the building at work, but haven't had the time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    As i posted before, it suddenly just stoped happenning, so i couldn't tell you how to fix it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links