Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bluetooth?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I pre-ordered and want it regardless but I don't remember seeing mention of Bluetooth. Does the Fire have it?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth?

Member #

Bluetooth?

I pre-ordered and want it regardless but I don't remember seeing mention of Bluetooth. Does the Fire have it?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Not listed in any specs. It does have WiFi though, and the rado chips used by most makers often combines bluetooth and other systems even though not all are implemented by the operating system. There is a "slight" chance there is a bluetooth capable radio in the Fire, but I'll be shocked if it can be used. Apple is famous for enabling bluetooth with a firmware update though. Amazon could enable it down the road, but only if the chip is in there and bluetooth leads are connected.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    We shall see. It'd be nice, but I could live without it for what I plan to use it for.
    katz5570 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    In another forum dedicated to Kindles that I follow, Amazon customer service confirmed to an inquiry that bluetooth will not be on board. You should be able to use a bluetooth adapter/transmitter (I have one from a past time when my mp3 player did not support bluetooth), but discussions also strongly suggest that these don't work for video; the audio & video get out of sync. However, it might be OK for audio only.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Well there goes the hope for a bluetooth keyboard. My ancient adapter works on hfp and a2dp only, was never designed for anything but sound

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Somthing tells me Jeff B doesn't want to see any Kindle Fire users cluttering up their experience with keyboard, mice, thumb drives, etc.. The Fire appears to want you all to itself, and only for media consumption.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Too bad no option for BT but hey its still a pretty good device in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess View Post
    Too bad no option for BT but hey its still a pretty good device in my opinion.
    I'll hold my opinion until mine shows up. I've seen plenty of spec sheets that looked great, but led to tablets not worth unpacking. The Fire's specs don't look that great, so it is starting out a few points short. The $199 price is great, unless the 8gb $199 iPod Touch proves to be more versatile. That $199 isn't so stunning in a $99 PlayBook world.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Has any tear-down inspection ruled out the BT onboard? IIRC, the Nook Color was also not supposed to have BT, but it did.

Member #
    I just asked because I do use my Xoom's Bluetooth in my car to playback through the car speakers rather than listening to the radio. However, it isn't a dealbreaker for me, I will still purchase it as an adjunct to my Xoom.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links