Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bluetooth?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by MicroBeta The teardowns I've read show it has the Jorjin WG7310 which is a WLAN/BT/FM module. It also has the TI WL1270B ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroBeta View Post
    The teardowns I've read show it has the Jorjin WG7310 which is a WLAN/BT/FM module. It also has the TI WL1270B which can provide interface between the Jorgin and the TI OMAP 4430 processor (which inputs for Wi-Fi/BT/FM).

The hardware is there. The question is whether or not the BT is capable of being used or if it's setup for Wi-Fi only. Not being a electronics guy (I'm an ME) I don't know if it's even possible to only physically connect the Wi-Fi portions those chips and not the BT or FM stuff.

Mike
    The Jorjin chip is actually a WG7310-30 which, unlike the -00, does not have a bluetooth chip. It's a lower cost alternative to the -00, and of course Amazon picked it to keep the overall cost of the KF down.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrichec74 View Post
    The Jorjin chip is actually a WG7310-30 which, unlike the -00, does not have a bluetooth chip. It's a lower cost alternative to the -00, and of course Amazon picked it to keep the overall cost of the KF down.
    Not sure if you know what you're talking about but that makes a lot of sense and explains the confusion over whether bluetooth is "inactivated" as some have claimed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links