Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bluetooth?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I like the built in microwave... you could make popcorn for your VOD movies....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I like the built in microwave... you could make popcorn for your VOD movies.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    What's all this got to do with bluetooth?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    Not sure about tieing shoes, but the minute we have shoes that can be "locked" or "unlocked" we'll have an app to do that over Wifi or Bluetooth.
    Verizon is the bluetooth lock king

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Yeah, VZW and Bluetooth don't mix well, look what they did to the stacks on the original Galaxy Tab.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Dunno . I got a wifi only. No bloatware either.
    It'd be nice to have bluetooth on the Fire but I'd use it just for data transfer and I'm watching the Fire thinking of my kids getting one and they think bluetooth is what happens after eating blue jolly ranchers, have no clue that it's a wireless protocol. I'll sometimes turn the bluetooth on on my daughters phone when she isn't looking then send her a photo when she is texting her friends just to freak her out lol

Support Our Troops!!
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 10-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Dunno . I got a wifi only. No bloatware either.
    It'd be nice to have bluetooth on the Fire but I'd use it just for data transfer and I'm watching the Fire thinking of my kids getting one and they think bluetooth is what happens after eating blue jolly ranchers, have no clue that it's a wireless protocol. I'll sometimes turn the bluetooth on on my daughters phone when she isn't looking then send her a photo when she is texting her friends just to freak her out lol

Support Our Troops!!
    That is so funny cause i did that with my daughter too and she yelled at me LOL

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Thanks for the idea. I always like new ways to torment my offspring.

Member #
    Any further update on bluetooth working on Fire? I'd like to get the OBDII bluetooth engine analyer setup for Fire. Would a micro bluetooth adapter work if the bluetooth driver isn't enabled in the OS?

Also, I've seen discussion on a micro USB thumb drive that can be plugged into the Fire for external storage but does it work? Can you stream a video from a thumb drive through the USB port to play?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The Kingston Wi-Drive is a hand held Solid State Drive with built in wireless that you can stream music or properly formatted videos with through a free app.

It comes in 16,32 and 64 gig versions. Three people can link to it at a time and it supports IPad/Pod/Phone as well as Android and the Fire.

It's a valid alternative to Bluetooth.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Has any tear-down inspection ruled out the BT onboard? IIRC, the Nook Color was also not supposed to have BT, but it did.
    The teardowns I've read show it has the Jorjin WG7310 which is a WLAN/BT/FM module. It also has the TI WL1270B which can provide interface between the Jorgin and the TI OMAP 4430 processor (which inputs for Wi-Fi/BT/FM).

The hardware is there. The question is whether or not the BT is capable of being used or if it's setup for Wi-Fi only. Not being a electronics guy (I'm an ME) I don't know if it's even possible to only physically connect the Wi-Fi portions those chips and not the BT or FM stuff.

Mike

DBSTalk, Camera3, KindleBoards, SCWF
    ASME - NRTC - C&WMM - 6EQUJ5 WOW! - BOINC; LHC@home/Team USA, Seti@home/Team USA, Einstein@home, Milkyway@home
    Since it costs 2.4 to produce a penny, my 2 worth is really 4.8 worth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links