Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bluetooth?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by 4DThinker I'll hold my opinion until mine shows up. I've seen plenty of spec sheets that looked great, but led to tablets ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I'll hold my opinion until mine shows up. I've seen plenty of spec sheets that looked great, but led to tablets not worth unpacking. The Fire's specs don't look that great, so it is starting out a few points short. The $199 price is great, unless the 8gb $199 iPod Touch proves to be more versatile. That $199 isn't so stunning in a $99 PlayBook world.
    Too bad there weren't many $99 Playbooks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    Too bad there weren't many $99 Playbooks.
    Wait did I miss a Fire sale on the Playbook??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    Wait did I miss a Fire sale on the Playbook??
    Yes. August 22nd they cut their losses and put the 16gb Playbook down to $99. The 32gb one was $149. I succeeded in getting one ordered on the 23rd, but even though it was never cancelled it still han't been delivered yet. HP told me yesterday that my order was still in their system and I'd probably see my Playbook later this month.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    HP? That's the Touchpad, not the Playbook.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    HP? That's the Touchpad, not the Playbook.
    Of course. I'm so confused with all these 7" tablets getting knocked down to reasonable prices. BlackBerry Playbook (RIM). It was knocked down to $299 a day or two before the HTC Flyer. I appreciate the names though. So sick of product lines with nothing more than numbers for each product. I'm convinced the durable names used by Apple is one secret to their success.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I agree completely.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I'll hold my opinion until mine shows up. I've seen plenty of spec sheets that looked great, but led to tablets not worth unpacking. The Fire's specs don't look that great, so it is starting out a few points short. The $199 price is great, unless the 8gb $199 iPod Touch proves to be more versatile. That $199 isn't so stunning in a $99 PlayBook world.
    I agree. I already outlined in my thread what the K-Fire doesn't support and how that will impact what you can do with it on the road. I am going to update my thread with details of a trip I just came back from with my ipad 2 and the cloud. Some of you K-Fire hopefuls should take heed.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csolo View Post
    I agree. I already outlined in my thread what the K-Fire doesn't support and how that will impact what you can do with it on the road. I am going to update my thread with details of a trip I just came back from with my ipad 2 and the cloud. Some of you K-Fire hopefuls should take heed.
    You've yet to convince me that paying at a minimum $300 more delivers features I will find useful on a 10" ipad.

On the road? I doubt my Fire will leave the house. And the majority of Fire buyers will be just like me.

I've got a $125 smartphone that has gps, bluetooth, 3g, and a camera. Why do I need to duplicate all those things in a tablet?

I'm not meaning to get "all in your face" about the Fire/iPad thing, just pointing out that the marketing behind the Fire (and the specs) is solid.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I plan on taking my Fire on the road so it can do what it was designed to do... Entertain me.
    Between my Fire and phone I'm covered for road travel.

I'll break out my laptop PC when I need to do the big boy real work.

I do think Amazon dropped the ball on the Fire in that it cannot tie my shoes.
    What were they thinking?
    They should redesign it and give it a 13.6736 inch screen, 5 cameras, a microwave and that new Shoe Tie Plus app.
    And paint it white....
    Take heed lol...
    farnham likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    I do think Amazon dropped the ball on the Fire in that it cannot tie my shoes.
    What were they thinking?
    Not sure about tieing shoes, but the minute we have shoes that can be "locked" or "unlocked" we'll have an app to do that over Wifi or Bluetooth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links