Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Geo Locked For Kindle FIre

This is a discussion on Geo Locked For Kindle FIre within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am planning to buy Kindle fire but unfortunately it is not offered here in the Philippines. So I plan to buy one from the ...

Member #

Geo Locked For Kindle FIre

I am planning to buy Kindle fire but unfortunately it is not offered here in the Philippines. So I plan to buy one from the USA but in one of the website I reads that there is a geo lock for Kindle. Can anyone help me understand what it means? My impression is that if it is geo-locked, it means that I can not bring the Kindle Fire from the USA to Philippines and download e-books here.

Thank you,
    Raymond

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I suggest you contact Amazon with your question. While the Fire may only be sold in the US, I can't see them disabling it if you leave the country. It is WIFi, not 3G capable. So long as your WiFi connects to Amazon.com you should be OK. Check with Amazon to make sure.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links