Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

lending of Nook books to Kindle

This is a discussion on lending of Nook books to Kindle within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; A friend ask today if I had ever did book lending. She wanted to know how to borrow a Nook book onto her Kindle. Ok. ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

lending of Nook books to Kindle

A friend ask today if I had ever did book lending. She wanted to know how to borrow a Nook book onto her Kindle. Ok. I'm thinking this is impossible. Right?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Kindle and Nook use different formats. You would have to use some type of converter to convert from one format to the other (assuming you could work around the DRM). Have you thought of Googling it and researching the answers?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Honestly it's not for me. Someone I work with was told by her hairdresser that you can do it.
    So they were not thinking along the lines of a converter, just lending across. I didn't think it possible but I didn't want to jump in and say so without at least asking about it.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
    Honestly it's not for me. Someone I work with was told by her hairdresser that you can do it.
    So they were not thinking along the lines of a converter, just lending across. I didn't think it possible but I didn't want to jump in and say so without at least asking about it.
    As is, it is not possible. Some Kindle books (determined by the publisher) may be lent to another Kindle once. Nook = Nook. They are two different formats. As stated above, other hoop-jumping is necessary to accomplish what you asked.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks.

Member #
    You can convert the Nook ePub books to a PDF file the Fire can read at a conversion website. This assumes its not a copy protected file.

Online ePub converter

http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-pdf

Member #
    Provided you are not scared of working with the OS part of the Fire (rooting is not a large problem) you can eventually install apps from other sources than the Amazon Store. This way you can install B&N's Nook reader on KF. If you live outside the US you'll have to find the apk for that app (Google will help you here) and install it.
    As a dane living in Denmark and not having a US credit card I cannot install any apps form Amazon Store - not even free apps! So without third party sources (ie Google Play Store) I could not get any apps at all. This way I can get anything (well almost) running on my device.
    And - to get to the conclusion - I have one original Nook book on the device and I can read it through the Nook app.
    Another possibility is of course fiddling with the nook book drm and after that convert it to mobi, the Kindle ebook format, using the PC program Calibre - but this whole procedure might turn you off.
    Last edited by torben.ts; 05-04-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links