Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Has the amount of internal memory been a problem?

This is a discussion on Has the amount of internal memory been a problem? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I got my Fire. My youngest and I planted the garden seeds in pots while it charged. At first I was a little confused when ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Has the amount of internal memory been a problem?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I got my Fire. My youngest and I planted the garden seeds in pots while it charged.
    At first I was a little confused when trying to sideload a few apps because but it has been fun so far. I got badass battery and the circle theme so my stock battery icon has been replaced by a circle with the remaining battery percentage.
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 03-13-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Congrats on getting the Fire.
    Already being an Android user, you'll be fine. Troll this forum and the others, and you'll find some tricks to transferring files from your phone to the Fire without the upload/download to dropbox thing:

-one is Wifi File Explorer. Put it on your phone and you can access your phone's files from the browser on the Fire (oh, by the way, you'll want an alternative to the Silk browser, like Opera Mobile or Dolphin). Then transfer your app backups directly to the Fire. (ES File Explorer seems to be the most popular file explorer among Fire users)
    - another is Frostwire. Install it on both your phone and the Fire and you can transfer apps directly (without even having to make apk backups first).

Another tip: install alternative app markets on the Fire, like GetJar and 1Mobile. A lot of Android Market apps not available on the Amazon App Store are available there. And keep an eye out every day for Amazon's 'free app of the day".

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    no problem with internal memory for me. im a book/fitness magazine reader and im good to go. although like others here, my Xoom fits me better for other needs.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
    Congrats on getting the Fire.
    Already being an Android user, you'll be fine. Troll this forum and the others, and you'll find some tricks to transferring files from your phone to the Fire without the upload/download to dropbox thing:

-one is Wifi File Explorer. Put it on your phone and you can access your phone's files from the browser on the Fire (oh, by the way, you'll want an alternative to the Silk browser, like Opera Mobile or Dolphin). Then transfer your app backups directly to the Fire. (ES File Explorer seems to be the most popular file explorer among Fire users)
    - another is Frostwire. Install it on both your phone and the Fire and you can transfer apps directly (without even having to make apk backups first).

Another tip: install alternative app markets on the Fire, like GetJar and 1Mobile. A lot of Android Market apps not available on the Amazon App Store are available there. And keep an eye out every day for Amazon's 'free app of the day".
    Any idea why the alternative markets will download but not install? It's not grayed out,just repeated taps to the install icon do nothing. Allow third party is enabled
    This keyboard is driving me nuts lol
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I got my Fire. My youngest and I planted the garden seeds in pots while it charged.
    At first I was a little confused when trying to sideload a few apps because but it has been fun so far. I got badass battery and the circle theme so my stock battery icon has been replaced by a circle with the remaining battery percentage.
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Congrats on your addition to the collection! I love, love, love my kindle Touch too but I find plenty of occasions where the Fire is great to read on for short periods of time (e-ink still rules). I hope the dev of the Badass Battery Monitor works out the bug with the larger icon replacing the stock icon -- unfortunately it overlays when it is not supposed to -- like smack dab on top of the page of the book I am reading. ScreenDim is the greatest thing since Saran Wrap.

Have a ball with your Fire!

BTW, enjoyed your reply regarding your daughter-- cracked me up.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm beginning to think I got a dud. I've done a factory reset now and it still won't install 3rd party apps anymore plus I've used 2 battery cycles
    It was allowing 3rd party apps and just stopped. Now after the reset I can't install any of them
    Edit: I uninstalled the basses Icon pack and now 3rd party stuff installed so evidently there's more than the overlay bug
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 03-13-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I'm beginning to think I got a dud. I've done a factory reset now and it still won't install 3rd party apps anymore plus I've used 2 battery cycles
    It was allowing 3rd party apps and just stopped. Now after the reset I can't install any of them
    Edit: I uninstalled the basses Icon pack and now 3rd party stuff installed so evidently there's more than the overlay bug
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    Hmm... I've not had that problem (yet) but perhaps I'll load another third-party app or two and see if I can duplicate. I would think if the Badass app was the culprit we would have heard about it here.

Just out of curiosity, did the problem occur with overlay option enabled or disabled -- or both?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Hey mountainbikermark-

I just confirmed your bug report -- I attempted to side-load/install another app and it was not possible to get an active response on the "install" button. However, all I had to do was uncheck the overlay option and everything was back to normal. It's a shame that the overlay feature isn't quite ready for prime time since I love having it on the home screen and not having to unlock to see battery remaining. I believe the dev does respond to posts on his blog (located through the app under "Help") so I would urge you to add your two cents on this. I'm heading over there shortly.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Hey mountainbikermark-

I just confirmed your bug report -- I attempted to side-load/install another app and it was not possible to get an active response on the "install" button. However, all I had to do was uncheck the overlay option and everything was back to normal. It's a shame that the overlay feature isn't quite ready for prime time since I love having it on the home screen and not having to unlock to see battery remaining. I believe the dev does respond to posts on his blog (located through the app under "Help") so I would urge you to add your two cents on this. I'm heading over there shortly.
    Thanks.
    I uninstalled it because the only reason I wanted it was for the overlay feature . Oh well. I use the same circle battery meter notification bar app I've got on my Tab and Rezound now. It doesn't show up on the lock screen or overlay the battery meter but it does show up in notifications . That'll be close enough for now.
    I've got about 50 apps on it already and have plenty of memory left, a little less than 50%.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Well, all I can say is that it's about time that a moderator on this board got a Kindle Fire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links