Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone but me having problems with KF?

This is a discussion on Anyone but me having problems with KF? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Tomorrow I should be receiving my 3rd KF since Christmas. The first one kept shutting off after a few seconds - had it not even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Anyone but me having problems with KF?

Tomorrow I should be receiving my 3rd KF since Christmas. The first one kept shutting off after a few seconds - had it not even a month. The second on keeps rebooting. Did the hard reset numerous times to no avail. Very frustrating. Amazon has been excellent about replacing the Fires but it is a pain to update some of my apps over and over.

Am I doing something to cause this? I am a techno geek and go thru SERIOUS KF withdrawals even for a day or two.

Thanks for any info.

Member #
    Mine has become unresponsive to touch a few times I either have to hard reset or wait 10 minutesand it seems to go back to normal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Good morning. I have had my KF since Christmas and haven't had any significant problems.. however just a few minutes ago it would not play any music and I kept getting a message the "Mp3 player is not responding". I forgot to try to reboot (I am not very computer savy and tend to panic when these things happen). This problem lasted long enough for me to sign up here. My Fire somehow rebooted itself and the music is back. I would appreciate any comments..

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Serious techno geeks often really like their apps. I would suspect a conflict with an app or two...maybe even a fatal error conflict. With numerous apps you also increase the likelihood of apps conflicting with each other. Maybe reloading the apps should be incremental starting with the the ones that are known to be secure and slowly adding the more obscure...or complex....ones.

We have loaded very few apps onto our Fire and have experienced zero issues.

Member #
    Thanks I had a feeling I might be getting a little to carried away with apps..

Member #
    That reminds me like a year ago I bout a new laptop and ended up returning cause it kept giving me the blue screen of death so I got a a replacement and had to return that one then on my third laptop I figured out that it was my anti virus that kept giving me the blue screen. I guess it didn't support windows 7. So yea a program or app can royalty cause problems like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hartshwk View Post
    Serious techno geeks often really like their apps. I would suspect a conflict with an app or two...maybe even a fatal error conflict. With numerous apps you also increase the likelihood of apps conflicting with each other. Maybe reloading the apps should be incremental starting with the the ones that are known to be secure and slowly adding the more obscure...or complex....ones.

We have loaded very few apps onto our Fire and have experienced zero issues.
    Yup & this is true. Some apps once uploaded, the device may need rebooting/restarted

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I pre ordered my first KF last Nov. and got my 7 year old daughter one for Xmas. Thus far we had to hard re set hers one time, mine has not let me down yet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Will not stay connected to the internet....Grrrrrrrr

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kindalkid View Post
    Rebooting meaning shutting your KF down is a good idea do it each day for better results.
    It isn't Windows.There is absolutely no reason to reboot.Had mine for roughly a month now,I have around 100 apps, and over 200 books.Never freezes or crashes. I use avast av and Go power master to control the battery. The only way apps are going to conflict is if you have two or more AV or battery apps.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links