Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone but me having problems with KF?

This is a discussion on Anyone but me having problems with KF? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Yes, those of us who are not computer techs are having problems with the kindle fire....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, those of us who are not computer techs are having problems with the kindle fire.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by craigevil View Post
    It isn't Windows.There is absolutely no reason to reboot.Had mine for roughly a month now,I have around 100 apps, and over 200 books.Never freezes or crashes. I use avast av and Go power master to control the battery. The only way apps are going to conflict is if you have two or more AV or battery apps.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
    What I have personally found is a reboot every now and then , just like my Windows machine , does help with MY Fire ,just like it does my desktop. I've sideloaded a few apps that didn't play nice on the Fire until a reboot and the 2 times my wifi decided to disconnect in the middle of streaming Deadliest Catch a revolt solved it.
    I reboot all my computer devices at least once a week whether they are acting up or not .
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    What I have personally found is a reboot every now and then , just like my Windows machine , does help with MY Fire ,just like it does my desktop. I've sideloaded a few apps that didn't play nice on the Fire until a reboot and the 2 times my wifi decided to disconnect in the middle of streaming Deadliest Catch a revolt solved it.
    I reboot all my computer devices at least once a week whether they are acting up or not .
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    As usual, Mark's advice is good (imo). I've been using a variety of Android devices (rooted and unrooted, weak and powerful hardware, phones and tablets, etc.) for about three years now and I've found they all benefit from the occasional "spring cleaning" that rebooting provides. I'm not enough of an android expert to be sure about the cause but I strongly suspect that as good as the multitasking is in Android, there tends to be an accumulation of "stuff" stemming from less than perfect applications (with associated memory leaks) that creates problems if left unattended.

Like Mark, I reboot my KF (and my Android smartphone) once or twice a week. It takes little time and effort to do so and I almost never encounter system a crash or frozen application. Granted this may be like the high frequency anti-pachyderm device on my deck that has so far managed to save my house from rampaging herds of elephants but like washing my car to improve its performance because it seems to work, it's what I do.

P.S. Mark, have you noticed that the KF tends to "autocorrect" the word "reboot" with "revolt?"
    Last edited by jsh1120; 03-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewood View Post
    Yes, those of us who are not computer techs are having problems with the kindle fire.

Don't worry. You'll become more of a computer tech whether you like it or not.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post

P.S. Mark, have you noticed that the KF tends to "autocorrect" the word "reboot" with "revolt?"
    Yes I have AND I noticed in your quote I missed correcting one though where it is it may have just been a Fruedian slip
    As you saw in my review of the Fire, on Amazon, the keyboard is,Imo, the weakest part of it,my only gripe at not being able to use another.
    Anyhoo,bot, when I read over and over about how this or that device is buggy my first mental question is "when's the last time they rebooted " . I push the multitask envelope on all my stuff is why reboot and it seems to help keep my stuff running smooth,even my 5 year old desktop.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Have to agree. I dislike onscreen keyboards in general but the KF's is among the worst I've had to use.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't understand why people in general seem to feel that free android apps should be any less buggy than any other freeware or shareware in the tech universe. Loading dozens of odd little applets, many of which have subroutines that look for cameras and phones, microphones and removable storage is bound to cause system issues on any device.

be kind to your Fire and reboot it once in awhile...even better, get rid of the apps that you are not using.

Member #
    I'm having trouble listening to my music I've recently downloaded to my KF10.it's trying to access cloud library but just sits there with the spinning circle.

Member #
    Mine has become unresponsive to touch a few times I either have to hard reset or wait 10 minute sand it seems to go back to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links