Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire refurb with full warranty and new packaging, $169.

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire refurb with full warranty and new packaging, $169. within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; EDIT: now $139 (3/29/12) Good deal since it is like new for $60 less. http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox&cam...19895452123619...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Cool $139 for Kindle Fire (refurb with full warranty and new packaging)

EDIT: now $139 (3/29/12)

Good deal since it is like new for $60 less.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox&cam...19895452123619
    Last edited by kfireflo; 03-29-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It does look like a good deal. A friend of mine once commented that when it comes to refurbished electronic devices, every refurb is tested more fully than a typical production unit is. I once bought an HP computer refurb, and never had a problem with it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
    It does look like a good deal. A friend of mine once commented that when it comes to refurbished electronic devices, every refurb is tested more fully than a typical production unit is.
    Yes, a GREAT deal!

I bought one a week ago for $179... just called Amazon (actually online chat) and they were very nice, refunded the $10 difference.

My Fire looks/acts like brand new and I am very happy with it... actually sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab to buy it as I love reading books on the Fire. As a tablet, the Fire is simply "OK". Nothing special. But as an eReader and especially if you download lots of ebooks from your local library, the Amazon website to manage the books and the simple, transparent way they just "show up" on the Kindle makes for an excellent, intuitive system.

/BD

Member #
    There is hope to sell mine? Mine is less than three weeks old and not all that satisfied with the device. It does the job as described BUT toooo many restriction for Fire; tired of seeing this-or-that app does not work with your device. I paid $199 at Office Depot, didn't want to wait for mail order delivery, and if it had been purchased on one of the shopping networks, it would have already gone back. Oh, HBOGO claims their app will work for android but when loading (not available on Amazon) side-loading and after installing I get note how this apk will NOT work on your device. I suppose Amazon is afraid of loosing on their Prime streaming which I think is a bargain but too many limitations. I know about Rooting but Amazon don't like that either. And people claim Apple likes to control the market?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I've had good luck with refurbs of various devices over the years and I suspect that many of the KF refurbs are nothing more than returns from customers with so little experience and/or marginal wifi network access that they gave up and returned the device almost as soon as they received it. There was one review of a refurb on the Amazon site that claimed the KF they received was "dented," but in the absence of any other similar complaints I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by real View Post
    There is hope to sell mine? Mine is less than three weeks old and not all that satisfied with the device. It does the job as described BUT toooo many restriction for Fire; tired of seeing this-or-that app does not work with your device. I paid $199 at Office Depot, didn't want to wait for mail order delivery, and if it had been purchased on one of the shopping networks, it would have already gone back. Oh, HBOGO claims their app will work for android but when loading (not available on Amazon) side-loading and after installing I get note how this apk will NOT work on your device. I suppose Amazon is afraid of loosing on their Prime streaming which I think is a bargain but too many limitations. I know about Rooting but Amazon don't like that either. And people claim Apple likes to control the market?
    I'd recommend e-baying or craigslist-ing it for about $100. Consider the hundred dollar loss the cost of a lesson to research a device before you buy it.

Member #

Talking

Just received mine and look brand new. I had to get another one after I had purchased one for my seven year old daughter. We love our fires. Great deal and 2day shipping was spot on, very happy.

Member #
    Just received my refurbished Fire. Came packaged like new. I'm very happy with Amazon, the $169 price tag was too hard to pass up.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Refurbished for only $30 hmmmmm I think I rather pay $30 more to get a brand new one.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Now $139.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links