Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Multiple Fires on one Amazon account

This is a discussion on Multiple Fires on one Amazon account within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; so i know that when you buy a Fire from Amazon it comes ready to go attached to your account. if i order two, are ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Multiple Fires on one Amazon account

so i know that when you buy a Fire from Amazon it comes ready to go attached to your account. if i order two, are they both attached to the same account and can i do separate things on them without affecting the other? meaning, if i buy an ebook on one device will it show up on the other? i'm assuming yes since it would be in the cloud on my account. should each member of my family have their own amazon prime account?
    Last edited by dodgefan67; 02-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    When I bought my daughter a Fire I got with my account, since it was a surprise, and after she got it she changed it to her account so MY stuff , including all my apps (teenagers. gotta love em) ,wouldn't be on her Fire. If you want to avoid having each others material being available on each others devices it's best to use separate accounts.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    thanks! thats what i thought

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Just one other point. You can, of course, attach the two accounts to the same credit card if you prefer.

Member #
    thats true, but i went ahead and got just one for now and tied it to my account, but my daughter is using it, so far she likes it but me, not so much. doesnt this have hdmi out?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgefan67 View Post
    thats true, but i went ahead and got just one for now and tied it to my account, but my daughter is using it, so far she likes it but me, not so much. doesnt this have hdmi out?
    No hdmi out.

Member #
    I have 2 kindles registered to my amazon account. I have some questions:

1. how do you make sure that your kids don't accidentally rack up thousands of dollars in credit card charges by buying movies and books? can you create an amazon account without a credit card?
    2. how do you re-register your kindle under a different amazon account?

Member #
    yeah you can setup a separate amazon account without a credit card. its just a simple online account
    there is a setting on the fire where you can deregister it. go to settings > my account and click deregister

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by googleit View Post
    I have 2 kindles registered to my amazon account. I have some questions:

1. how do you make sure that your kids don't accidentally rack up thousands of dollars in credit card charges by buying movies and books? can you create an amazon account without a credit card?
    2. how do you re-register your kindle under a different amazon account?
    When you get your KF Amazon automatically turns on "One Click Ordering" for the account to which it is registered. Immediately go to the Amazon website and turn off one click ordering. That will prevent your kids from accidentally ordering a refrigerator. Unfortunately, it will not turn off one click ordering for "digital" content downloaded directly to the KF. So...

If you have small children, you might want to get "Kids Place," a free app in the Amazon App Store that enables you to set up a screen with their apps without enabling access to other parts of the KF without a passcode you set. It even allows them to watch free Amazon videos but not purchase additional videos. Unfortunately, that feature doesn't work with books or music but you can turn off access to those apps if you prefer.

If your kids are older, consider getting a pre-paid credit card and attach it to the KF account. You can then add funds to the card as you please but have a ceiling on the amount your kids can spend. The Safeway near my home has the cards. Simple.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had this same problem and now there is a spot on amazon to also turn off the 1 click for digital content. It would have been nice for amazon to let people know this. Last month my 3 year old "accidentally" ordered a $30.00 box set. I called and of course it was refunded and I was told to turn off the 1 click, which I did and all was good. Then a couple days ago another charge for a movie showed up, again I assume my child but who knows. I contacted Amazon and was told that I had to also turn off the 1 click for digital content.

Ads