Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Multiple Fires on one Amazon account

This is a discussion on Multiple Fires on one Amazon account within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Yea I hate the 1 click I mean really is typing in your password every time really that time consuming? Sent from my SCH-I500 using ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Yea I hate the 1 click I mean really is typing in your password every time really that time consuming?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What it boils down to is the fact that they know there is a certain percentage of the population who doesn't check their statements that close and never notice the little $1.00 or so charges that there kids make. When you think about it Amazon is going backward from many other safety minded company. I don't have any other account that a purchase can be made without a password, login, etc. Somebody could get a hold of your Kindle and in about 5 minutes ring up hundreds of dollars worth of charges. The answer they gave me was to password protect my WIFI so my kids can't use it. That is 99% of what they do, streaming shows, and a few apps that require WIFI. So they come to me to enter a password, I can't watch over them every second so they can use it they still have 1 click access. Simple fix is to add a password, I can't imagine too many people would complain about having access to purchases via a credit card password protected.

Member #
    I have several kindles registered to my single account. We have two regular black and white kindles registered to us. Then there are 3 kindle fires that our children (8, 10, 12) use. My husband and I have the new HD fires. The teenagers have password restriction on the account for purchasing any content. They are free to use wifi so that they can browse the internet. All of the devices can access compatible content on the cloud.
    The black and white ones will not see the fire apps that won't work on the b/w readers. But books purchased on the b/w readers will show up in full color on the fires.
    The privacy is limited to each kindle, one person cannot see what the other is doing on their kindle. Except for the fact that you can view purchases in the cloud.
    My only flaw is that sometimes there are some horrible content games (for example, a really graphic motorcycle game which my kids do not need to see) that you don't learn about until you download them, and then when you remove them (uninstall) from your device, they are forever visible to re-install from the cloud on all devices. UGH.

Member #

Kindle Free Time

Quote Originally Posted by mamaonthegogo View Post
    I have several kindles registered to my single account. We have two regular black and white kindles registered to us. Then there are 3 kindle fires that our children (8, 10, 12) use. My husband and I have the new HD fires. The teenagers have password restriction on the account for purchasing any content. They are free to use wifi so that they can browse the internet. All of the devices can access compatible content on the cloud.
    The black and white ones will not see the fire apps that won't work on the b/w readers. But books purchased on the b/w readers will show up in full color on the fires.
    The privacy is limited to each kindle, one person cannot see what the other is doing on their kindle. Except for the fact that you can view purchases in the cloud.
    My only flaw is that sometimes there are some horrible content games (for example, a really graphic motorcycle game which my kids do not need to see) that you don't learn about until you download them, and then when you remove them (uninstall) from your device, they are forever visible to re-install from the cloud on all devices. UGH.
    Hello,

I gave my daughter the Kindle HD, because it literally password protects anything I want it to. With Kindle Free time, I can choose content, and which programs I want to be visible to her. I can even control how much time she spends on there.

To anyone, even with the previous version of the Kindle Fire, if you don't want your kids to have access to your credit card, link an old gift card to the account. I have my credit card, and a gift card containing $0.74 on it. Just change your one click settings to the gift card. It requires a minute or two when you want to purchase something, because you have to change the one-click setting, but well worth the peace of mind. Of course, if you have the HD you need a password to purchase anything at all, but I like the double layer.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Multiple Fires on one Amazon account

Quote Originally Posted by mamaonthegogo View Post
    You can delete those you want permanently gone from your cloud by going to the Amazon website, go to your account, your digital purchases, find the one(s) you want gone, all the way to the right is the options (actions) , tap it, tap delete this app

Support Our Troops!!!
    sent from a Beano using a beta
    <><

Ads