Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gameloft Lets Golf

This is a discussion on Gameloft Lets Golf within the Amazon Kindle Fire Games forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; The Kindle Supports Lets Golf 3 and it of course costs money to play it like everything with Amazon and the kindle so far. On ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alphawave7

Thread: Gameloft Lets Golf

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Gameloft Lets Golf

The Kindle Supports Lets Golf 3 and it of course costs money to play it like everything with Amazon and the kindle so far. On my Droid X I have Lets Golf 2 and enjoy the game enormously and so far have not been able to figure out a way yet to be able to use the game on the space available on the Kindle. I was told before buying the kindle that it would support Android apps and my Droid X is an Android device and supports the Lets Golf 2 which is Android from Gameloft that I have paid for and would love to play it on the larger higher resolution screen the Kindle has. How do I put the game Lets Golf 2 from my Droid to my 6 Gig available on the Kindle Hard drive and play it ?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Your best bet is to sideload it: Use a File Manager to back up the app (eg. Astro File Manager, which wraps it back into a nice .apk file), locate it on your Droid, then send it to your Kindle Fire using email/dropbox/drag-n-drop/whatever, and then use Astro or similar on your Kindle to install the .apk. Let us know if that works!
    SteveBaz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Your best bet is to sideload it: Use a File Manager to back up the app (eg. Astro File Manager, which wraps it back into a nice .apk file), locate it on your Droid, then send it to your Kindle Fire using email/dropbox/drag-n-drop/whatever, and then use Astro or similar on your Kindle to install the .apk. Let us know if that works!
    You are frikkin awesome man. I am loving my Droid X even more each time I find little things and tweaks that can be done with it. First it was the Tips and Tricks section that allowed me to add new things like the AWESOME Handcent sms and then throughout the entire thread was able to try each and every trick each person mentioned and the programs like FX Camera and 20 free add on that was available to turn it into a $500.00 camera in one to double twist, Hooked, Pandora, Swiftkey X. Wheres my Droid and more. Thanx alphawave7

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have ES File Explorer. How do you side load it as you mentioned? Do I connect both devices to the computer and do what. How would this happen step by step. Not only am I new to my Kindle fire but new to my DroidX

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBaz View Post
    I have ES File Explorer. How do you side load it as you mentioned? Do I connect both devices to the computer and do what. How would this happen step by step. Not only am I new to my Kindle fire but new to my DroidX
    On ES file ex you can network to share between kindle and laptop no cord needed thats what I do works great.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Not completely done but this is how far I go so far and I am bringing you all up to my last step

OK a lot has happened since this thread was started. For beginners I found out a very simple step to side load it at this article printed
    How To Sideload Android Apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire in 3 Steps

Get your must-have apps on the Fire even if they aren't in Amazon's Appstore.

By Ryan Whitwam | Nov. 17, 2011

and the article is here >>> How To Sideload Android Apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire in 3 Steps - Tested

The hardest thing I had to get into my head for all you that are a thick skinned as I am is your computer is the key and you plug in both devices and use a a file manager for my droid I used "Astro File Manager" or if you want to use the same program for both your Kindle and your Droid "ES File Explorer" and can be downloaded from your "Market" on each device or go to google and ask for a file manager / android and take your chance. Your Kindle does need to be set to accept android apps in the settings menu as said a lot in every post here for android apps. Once you have a file manager on both device most of the hard work is done and you now need to focus on the article;

Step 1 focuses on down loading the the file manager. it also wants you to download the app called "APK" this is a program that allows you to manage your programs all in 1 place on the Droid. Once you have it on your droid you want to create a "Download" to your "SD CARD" you cant find any files on the Droid if you do not have a specific place you put them so create a directory on your "SD" with the new file manager. Now however you do it and it took me over an hour to play around and get it is to create the file and load all the android programs you like or could want on your Kindle that Amazon doesnt want you to have for they make no MONEY off you because you Side loaded around Amazon. Ha Ha. Amazon lets you have a few crumbles for free but when it comes to the real stuff you have to pay good money for it through them only!!

Step #2 remember check off your Kindle to be able to accept ANDROID PROGRAMS. In the upper right hand corner of your Kindle is from right to left "Battery" then "WiFi" the a "*" a little wheel that is your SETUP!! touch it and you will see a setup screen now for your entire Kindle. 3rd from the bottom says "Device" go to it and touch it and it takes you to the setting "Allow Installations of Application from unknown sources" Touch "ON" and step #2 is done. Its tricky and confusing because now it says load a file manager and we took care of that already in the above listed steps....

Step #3 is interfacing (plugging in all the devices to your computer) and opening up 2 file manager windows on the computer. In the first one you need to find the programs you want to move to the Kindle. In the other window you want to find a place to put the android programs from your Droid to the Kindle. Hint. Make a folder on the Kindle Like "Android Apps" drag the programs from the first window to the file you want it in on the Kindle. or Multi Select by holding down the CTRL Key and drag as many as you want to "Android Apps"

Member #
    I have lets golf 3 on the Kiele fire of course. Okay why I am here people might ask because I just said I have lets golf 3 on the kindle.well I am here because of the update issue. The whole thing is it keeps saying that I can update the game for a new cloths pack but it keeps saying update failed and I try to log in and it says username does not exist and it pisse me off because I cant play online like I would want to do. I wish this problem would get fixed.GAMELOFT FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW I would've happy if it was fixed so I can play
    -felling frustrated

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
    I have lets golf 3 on the Kiele fire of course. Okay why I am here people might ask because I just said I have lets golf 3 on the kindle.well I am here because of the update issue. The whole thing is it keeps saying that I can update the game for a new cloths pack but it keeps saying update failed and I try to log in and it says username does not exist and it pisse me off because I cant play online like I would want to do. I wish this problem would get fixed.GAMELOFT FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW I would've happy if it was fixed so I can play
    -felling frustrated
    My only issue with Lets Golf 3 is they charge you money bananaman. I think the game is just OK. When it says to you you hit a perfect shot and it flys over the green well in my opinion that not a perfect shot. In other situations you have to exaggerate to make it go and it doesnt even get there.

To your situation. I would do this download a new version and over-right the old version and right then update the version. Regarding your user name and password, Go to amazon on your PC and make sure your user name is correct there and then go to the Kindle Fire and log on first before starting the program and then there would be no need to log on at all. Then if the program requires a log on then 1 you have the correct log on info and make sure letter for letter including upper and lower case are correct and the password is correct and use the remember me feature so you will not have to log on again. Good luck bananaman.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links