Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Jelly Bean compatibility?

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean compatibility? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Development forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Hacking category; Is the only way to get Jelly Bean on my Kindle Fire to root it or is there an official Android upgrade for this? I ...

Member #

Jelly Bean compatibility?

Is the only way to get Jelly Bean on my Kindle Fire to root it or is there an official Android upgrade for this? I see that the HD and 8.9 are still only ICS at the core. Thanks for your help in advance!

Member #
    The only way to get it is to root. Currently, i have AlienDroid (4.1.2) and it is good.
    amazon only keeps their kindles on the same firmware. Plus amazon stops sending out updates when a new kindle comes
    Hope i Helped

Member #
    As per the your problem concern i would like to say that you have to set the root of the Kindle fire for Jelly Bean that means you need to install some apk files which allows accessibility of Jelly bean. Kindle Fire recently compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich so it might be not possible to use kindle fire on Jelly Bean.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links