Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Install the Android Market on Your Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Install the Android Market on Your Kindle Fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire Development forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Hacking category; I tried installing Android Market using the copy to device and load with Root Explorer method and was only partially successful. I get forced close ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Install the Android Market on Your Kindle Fire

Member #
    I tried installing Android Market using the copy to device and load with Root Explorer method and was only partially successful. I get forced close messages when running the market app. At one point I had the Market app working but it would not complete any downloads. Now I just get the message "process.com.android.vending has stopped unexpectingly."
    I am not sure what state the Kindle Fire is now in. When I try to reinstall Google Feedback, it will not let me. Previously, I ran SuperOneClick and rooted the device with no problems. Now when I re-run the root command, it gets to step 7 (Wait for Device) and hangs. What apps and data do I have to eliminate to get back where I can try to install Android Market again?

P.S. I also get a forced close message on the eBay app but it will then run it okay.

Member #
    OK, so my question is this: if I root this thing 1. does it still work as a regular Fire, but now with the added Adroid Market? 2. how do I still have access to my Amazon stuff that I have already purchased and downloaded? 3. does rooting wipe any of the memory?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is probably a terrible question, but if I root and get the android market on my Kindle Fire, would I still be able to use Prime Instant Video?
    SteamID: l4d2bob

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    This is probably a terrible question, but if I root and get the android market on my Kindle Fire, would I still be able to use Prime Instant Video?

IIRC, OTA Rootkeeper is an app that 'toggles' root just for this purpose.
    Last edited by alphawave7; 04-01-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Member #
    I tried to download from tootle play., but I get error message saying I have no device. I'm not very computer literate. Can someone help with this. Also how do you "side"download?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A step should be added to this how-to, telling users to make sure and disable updating for "Amazon Kindle" on the google app store, otherwise they can end up with the missing book issue that keeps getting posted on every forum.

Member #
    The nice tips shared on this post which is very useful for so many Android users. I have recently purchased the Kindle Fire and do the installation of Android market through the some easy tips which you have described on this post. Android market is very useful for so many Android users that provide the great Android app which are very useful for so many peoples.

Banned
    Member #
    Thanks for sharing the guide to install the android market.

Member #

ACK! Outta My Mind!

I tried everything I can think of and downloaded all necessary files. What I don't get is how to actually Install Goggle Play. I've followed every direction but yet nothing seems to work. I have a KFHD so could that have anything to do with it? With the proper files I installed with ES Explorer, I'm unsure what they do or where to find them. What am I doing wrong and why won't any of these 'guides' work for me? I'm stuck!

Member #
    I just added Google Play to my Kindle Fire. The important thing to remember is to install each of the downloads in order. Here's the website I used:

http://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-...n-fire-tablet/

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links