Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How To Start/Stop Tablet Automatically

This is a discussion on How To Start/Stop Tablet Automatically within the Amazon Kindle Fire Development forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Hacking category; I am using my Kindle Fire 7 as a media centre in my van. The audio output goes via a 3.5 jack cable to the ...

Member #

How To Start/Stop Tablet Automatically

I am using my Kindle Fire 7 as a media centre in my van. The audio output goes via a 3.5 jack cable to the car stereo and power comes from the ignition. Is there a method of making the tablet power on when ignition is on, and power down when ignition is off? I am hoping to have this set up so it only plays when I start the engine.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriscat View Post
    I am using my Kindle Fire 7 as a media centre in my van. The audio output goes via a 3.5 jack cable to the car stereo and power comes from the ignition. Is there a method of making the tablet power on when ignition is on, and power down when ignition is off? I am hoping to have this set up so it only plays when I start the engine.
    no, if you switch it off, it will start when you put it on charge, ie switch the ignition on, but youl have to press the button to switch it off

Member #
    I think I might be able to get it to switch off with IFTTT, if it switches on automatically then all's good. I'll try it tomorrow.

Member #
    Is there a trick where Alexa can shut this down?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links