Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sound too low

This is a discussion on Sound too low within the Amazon Kindle Fire Audio forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; The volume button is all the way to the right but the sound is very low on my friends KF. Is the device defective or ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sound too low

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Sound too low

The volume button is all the way to the right but the sound is very low on my friends KF. Is the device defective or is there another setting we should check out?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    As far as I know there is only the one volume control.
    The main volume control will adjust the "sub-volume control" on the music player and the video player only has one control all of which are all the same control.

I get very nice sound out of mine but it's all subjective so nice sound to me could be too low for others.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Been poking around in the Amazon Forum for Kindle Fire and there are numerous complaints about the volume being too low even with the control set at the maximum setting. People are suggesting that external speakers be connected to the KF. Huh! There is definitely something wrong with these devices and they should be replaced sooner than later. I am lucky that mine works just fine. In fact, if I were watching a movie in a public place, the volume would be too loud and I would have to use earphones.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    either external speakers or get yourself a nice set of earphones. The quality of music is actually very good with my earphones!!!!

jrp
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree it does seem a little hard to hear when it is still all the way up.Headphones might be a good option at some point. Right now it's ok.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My kindle fire can be very loud when the volume is at the Max setting. My friends kindle fire is not as loud at the Max setting. Something is wrong with his kindle and buying external speakers should not be necessary to hear the darn thing... Several people have complained about defective speakers in the Amazon forum. I suggest getting a replacement before you lose sound all together and your warranty has expired.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm not surprised some issues are popping up as this is Amazon's first tablet and a mass market device but my Kindle sounds better than two of my laptops and it gets loud enough that I never get close to max volume.

Member #
    I have to have the volume all the way up even with head phones or ear buds. Is there someone to ask if this Kindle Fire is defective?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxhorn View Post
    The volume button is all the way to the right but the sound is very low on my friends KF. Is the device defective or is there another setting we should check out?
    One of these would help
    Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics
    crowfax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    The FiiO headphone amp's are excellent. The E5 is a real bargain. The E6 is also out now, which is about $8 more and slightly more refined: Amazon.com: Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier - E6: Electronics
    Tablets: Kindle Fire
    Portable Media Players: Samsung Galaxy S2, Onda VX590T, Cowon J3
    Settop Media Players: WD TV Live Streamer, Xtreamer SideWinder3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
    Software: DVD Catalyst, MakeMKV

Ads