Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why is 32GB Not Enough?

This is a discussion on Why is 32GB Not Enough? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Audio forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; Hi, I have just got the Kindle Fire 32gb and have downloaded approx 16 GB of music, from I-Tunes to it and nothing else. It ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Why is 32GB Not Enough?

Hi,

I have just got the Kindle Fire 32gb and have downloaded approx 16 GB of music, from I-Tunes to it and nothing else. It is telling me that I do not have enough storage space( 0.0b of 27gb space available), how can this be?

Cheers,

Chris.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Not sure if the new fire is like the old one (thats the one I have); but the memory on the old model was broken down into sections. You stored data (video's, music etc.) on one portion of the memory and apps on another portion of the memory. You may have used the portion of memory allocated to data up with the 16mb's. On the original model of the fire you can go to settings and click on device and it shows you how much of your memory if available for app storage and how much is available for internal storage. I am pretty sure the newer models have a similar setting. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    The new fires starting with the HD save all their information to one memory. They are not broken down into two different sections.

Ads