Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's Going On With The BBC News App?

This is a discussion on What's Going On With The BBC News App? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My partner and I both have HD 7 4th generation tablets. On both I had installed when we got them several years ago now the ...

Member #

Angry What's Going On With The BBC News App?

My partner and I both have HD 7 4th generation tablets. On both I had installed when we got them several years ago now the BBC News App. In the last week or so, when we try to open the app on either device the message across the BBC News screen is that the service is not available, please try later. Then you click something like OK or cancel and it disappears completely. Anybody have an idea what is going on? Same thing on both devices. It looks like the BBC is in dispute with amazon and has suspended the availability of the App. Could this be true? or is it technical? Very strange as other BBC apps seem to work OK Very upsetting as this is one of our favourite apps. Appreciate any help, guidance comments! Thank you/

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim77 View Post
    My partner and I both have HD 7 4th generation tablets. On both I had installed when we got them several years ago now the BBC News App. In the last week or so, when we try to open the app on either device the message across the BBC News screen is that the service is not available, please try later. Then you click something like OK or cancel and it disappears completely. Anybody have an idea what is going on? Same thing on both devices. It looks like the BBC is in dispute with amazon and has suspended the availability of the App. Could this be true? or is it technical? Very strange as other BBC apps seem to work OK Very upsetting as this is one of our favourite apps. Appreciate any help, guidance comments! Thank you/
    Yes something like that, complain to the bbc, in the mean time just Google BBC news or down load the app direct from the bbc

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    Yes something like that, complain to the bbc, in the mean time just Google BBC news or down load the app direct from the bbc
    Thank you. I tried to download from the BBC website but that sent me to Google Play which does not recognise the Fire and therefore will not download or install. I did look for it in the Fire App store but it seens to disappeared from there. Is this part of a dispute between Amazon and the BBC?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim77 View Post
    Thank you. I tried to download from the BBC website but that sent me to Google Play which does not recognise the Fire and therefore will not download or install. I did look for it in the Fire App store but it seens to disappeared from there. Is this part of a dispute between Amazon and the BBC?
    I'm not sure if it's a dispute as such, or the BBC can't be bothered writing the app just orAmazon usage.Or if it's a delay or forever, Either way if you complain in to Amazon, they give you the email for the bbc saying " tell them"
    Last edited by jobo; 06-14-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm not sure if it's a dispute as such, or the BBC can't be bothered writing the app just got Amazon usage., Either way if you com
    Main to Amazon, they give you the email for the brand say " tell them"
    Here try this,
    https://www.apkmonk.com/app/bbc.mobile.news.ww/
    Works on mine, just turn on, allow apps from unknown sources.
    Last edited by jobo; 06-14-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Here try this,
    https://www.apkmonk.com/app/bbc.mobile.news.ww/
    Works on mine, just turn on, allow apps from unknown sources.
    No cancel that it doesn't work properly, this one does

https://m.apkpure.com/bbc-news/bbc.m...d?from=details

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links