Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How do I transfer apps from my phone to my Fire?

This is a discussion on How do I transfer apps from my phone to my Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I've got a few apps i would like to put on my fire like my bank's app but they don't have it on the app ...

Member #

How do I transfer apps from my phone to my Fire?

I've got a few apps i would like to put on my fire like my bank's app but they don't have it on the app store and i don't feel like rooting to get the marketplace. So whats the best way to go about moving apps over from my phone?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Is your phone rooted? If so, use root explorer to pull the .apk file you want from /data/app and copy it to your SD card. Transfer the .apk from your SD to your computer then to your KF.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe
    Member #
    I use Astro file manager on my phone to backup applications "Application Backup". This will backup any app you choose and store it in a folder called backup. I then use Dropbox (free) to upload it to my Kindle Fire.

Member #
    Ditto on astro and dropbox. Works great!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Another way, which transfer the files directly (instead of having to create a backup, or uploading and then downloading from dropbox or box.net) is to install Frostwire on both devices. Or Wifi File Explorer. Either one allows you to transfer files between devices via wifi. Quick and esay.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I use Astro file manager on my phone to backup applications "Application Backup". This will backup any app you choose and store it in a folder called backup. I then use Dropbox (free) to upload it to my Kindle Fire.
    Excellent.... Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You don't have to root to add third party apps. The easiest way and best way is to use 1mobile app.

1. Go to your device settings and click allow install. of apps
    2. Google 1mobile from the silk browser
    3. Download the app to your fire then download apps to your phone with no root from 1mobile
    . The best part is you can update apps on 1mobile.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigloser99 View Post
    You don't have to root to add third party apps. The easiest way and best way is to use 1mobile app.

1. Go to your device settings and click allow install. of apps
    2. Google 1mobile from the silk browser
    3. Download the app to your fire then download apps to your phone with no root from 1mobile
    . The best part is you can update apps on 1mobile.
    Ran into an issue with this approach the other day. I had already installed about 60 apps from the Amazon Appstore. Downloaded the 1mobile app from the site and a couple of apps not available from Amazon.

Once I did so the update notification feature of 1mobile recognized more than a dozen apps that 1mobile and the Amazon Appstore had in common and tried to update them.

The problem, of course, is that I don't necessarily want updates from 1mobile for the apps downloaded from Amazon, even if 1mobile determines that the version of an app is superseded by a later version (potentially for other Android devices.)

I assume that the updater from 1mobile simply compares version numbers to determine what needs to be updated and it's entirely possible that an update from 1mobile will function normally. But a couple of problems exist.

If an update from Amazon specifically for the KF comes along, I cannot easily determine which is the better version to retain. Nor is it clear to me whether I can backup an app obtained from 1mobile to the Amazon cloud in the same manner as one obtained from Amazon.

Of course, one can experiment with various versions of an app obtained from different sources but frankly, that's a PITA when many apps are involved.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links