Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SlingPlayer for Kindle Fire now officially available

This is a discussion on SlingPlayer for Kindle Fire now officially available within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Beginning tomorrow, January 31, SlingPlayer for the Fire will be available in Amazon's Appstore. ($30). It is bummer that we have to re-purchase at $30 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Thumbs Up SlingPlayer for Kindle Fire now officially available

Beginning tomorrow, January 31, SlingPlayer for the Fire will be available in Amazon's Appstore. ($30). It is bummer that we have to re-purchase at $30 for different devices. It can become expensive!

From Engadget today:

Though Sling Media has long been offering apps for Android phones and tablets, Kindle Fire owners have until now been left out in the cold (you know, the whole lack-of-Android-Market-access thing). Tomorrow, though, Fire owners can get their fill of live and recorded TV when the SlingPlayer app goes on sale in the Amazon Appstore. With a price of $29.99, you'll pay the same as you would for any of Sling's other mobile apps, and as far as we could tell when we first got hands-on at CES, the interface is about the same as what you'd get on an Android handset. In case you need a refresher, we've got a gallery of images below, and we've posted that source link early, though you'll have to twiddle your thumbs until tomorrow when you can officially get your download on.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Beginning tomorrow, January 31, SlingPlayer for the Fire will be available in Amazon's Appstore. ($30). It is bummer that we have to re-purchase at $30 for different devices. It can become expensive!

From Engadget today:

Though Sling Media has long been offering apps for Android phones and tablets, Kindle Fire owners have until now been left out in the cold (you know, the whole lack-of-Android-Market-access thing). Tomorrow, though, Fire owners can get their fill of live and recorded TV when the SlingPlayer app goes on sale in the Amazon Appstore. With a price of $29.99, you'll pay the same as you would for any of Sling's other mobile apps, and as far as we could tell when we first got hands-on at CES, the interface is about the same as what you'd get on an Android handset. In case you need a refresher, we've got a gallery of images below, and we've posted that source link early, though you'll have to twiddle your thumbs until tomorrow when you can officially get your download on.

Above is the Kindle Fire SlingPlayer app and UI that you will be paying $30.00 for now ... You can find this very same app in the Slingbox Community Forum FREE with the download link or you can do a Google search, you will find it ...

Above are the photos of the Free Kindle Fire SlingPlayer app, that I found by doing a Google search, even down to the exact same app code from a earlier beta Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app. I customized the above Free Kindle fire SlingPlayer mobile app, giving it built IN auto 360 Degree screen rotation TV Viewing capibilities without frame loss, adding a totally new diminsion for live TV viewing on the Amazon Kindle Fire with highly enhancedg video resolution quality in ALL viewing modes... It works like a charm on th Amazon Kindle Fire .. ! Also you can access ALL Settings in All viewing modes, works with All Slingboxes, even the Classic Slingbox and All Android Tablets and Smartphones, including ICS 4.0 ROM images Android devices, enjoy Skydog.....(lol)

*You can also get this app free from the Android market without auto screen rotation with TV viewing in the landscape mode only .....!

YOU CAN NOW GET THE ABOVE CUSTOMIZED 360 DEGREE AUTO SCREEN ROTATION FREE KINDLE FIRE SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP HERE MOD EDIT

PLEASE NOTE: FIRST UNINSTALL THE CURRENT SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP THAT'S ALREADY ON YOUR ANDROID MOBILE DEVICE, BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW CUSTOMIZED SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP VERSION ....!
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Banned
    Member #

From Engadget today:

Above is the Kindle Fire SlingPlayer app and UI that you will be paying $30.00 ... You can find this very same app in the Slingbox Community Forum FREE with the download link or you can do a Google search, you will find it ....

Above are the photos of the Free Kindle Fire SlingPlayer app, that I found by doing a Google search, even down to the exact same app code from a earlier beta Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app. I customized the above Free Kindle fire SlingPlayer mobile app, giving it built IN auto 360 Degree screen rotation TV Viewing capibilities without frame loss, adding a totally new diminsion for live TV viewing on the Amazon Kindle Fire with highly enhancedg video resolution quality in ALL viewing modes... It works like a charm on th Amazon Kindle Fire .. ! Also you can access ALL Settings in All viewing modes, works with All Slingboxes, even the Classic Slingbox and All Android Tablets and Smartphones, including ICS 4.0 ROM images Android devices, enjoy Skydog.....(lol)

*You can also get this app free from the Android market without auto screen rotation with TV viewing in the landscape mode only .....!

YOU CAN NOW GET THE ABOVE CUSTOMIZED 360 DEGREE AUTO SCREEN ROTATION FREE KINDLE FIRE SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP HERE MOD EDIT.

PLEASE NOTE: FIRST UNINSTALL THE CURRENT SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP THAT'S ALREADY ON YOUR ANDROID MOBILE DEVICE, BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW CUSTOMIZED SLINGPLAYER MOBILE APP VERSION ....!
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I stopped using SlingPlayer as I got fed up shelling out $30 every time I changed devices.

Banned
    Member #
    I stopped using SlingPlayer as I got fed up shelling out $30 every time I changed devices.
    I feel you guy, you and a lot of people are tired of shelling out $30.00 every time a new device surface .... This time people are not paying, because the beta test Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app was given to a lot of people to trick it up for everybody ... People just got tired of pay 30 bucks every time a new device comes out or a new OS change ...

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoluv View Post
    I feel you guy, you and a lot of people are tired of shelling out $30.00 every time a new device surface .... This time people are not paying, because the beta test Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app was given to a lot of people to trick it up for everybody ... People just got tired of pay 30 bucks every time a new device comes out or a new OS change ...
    Too bad I wasn't able to grab it - it would have made the $$ sting hurt less.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    too much for too little....just sayin!!!

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by judpma View Post
    too much for too little....just sayin!!!
    SlingMedia ripped off Amazon by making a Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app that's already on the market for FREE, plus the FREE version Kindle Fire SlingPlayer mobile app works with ALL Slingboxes ... Another thing, the free Kindle Fire SlingPlayer mobile app version gives the best video resolution quality ...

Banned
    Member #
    Too bad I wasn't able to grab it - it would have made the $$ sting hurt less.
    Here is the link that's posted in the Slingbox Community Forum Jan 3, 2012 3:36 PM in response to: elewisling
    Re: Slingbox with the New Kindle Fire?
    Geeeezzz .. here the link ... MOD EDIT

This FREE version Kindle Fire Slingplayer Mobile app is similar to the above top photo, it only plays TV in the landscape mode ...

You can get all the details here http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/14708?tstart=0 ...
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoluv View Post
    SlingMedia ripped off Amazon by making a Kindle Fire Slingplayer mobile app that's already on the market for FREE, plus the FREE version Kindle Fire SlingPlayer mobile app works with ALL Slingboxes ... Another thing, the free Kindle Fire SlingPlayer mobile app version gives the best video resolution quality ...
    Thank you for the info and the links, Ciscoluv. Somehow, I completely missed the thread and I even have an older, original/classic SB sitting around that may work too. This will help make better use of the $$ I have already invested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links