Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problems With Facebook Messenger App

This is a discussion on Problems With Facebook Messenger App within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I use the Facebook Messenger App on my Kindle Fire to call my children, and they call me back using the same app (either from ...

Member #

Problems With Facebook Messenger App

I use the Facebook Messenger App on my Kindle Fire to call my children, and they call me back using the same app (either from their own tablets, or from their phone). I've been using this app for about a year, ever since I got my Kindle Fire. Several months ago, my Kindle Fire stopped ringing when there's an incoming Messenger call. It was very sudden. A call was coming in, and there were a few rings, then it suddenly stopped, and has not rung since. I do get a "ping" after the person hangs up, just as I do after a text message has come in on Messenger. I've checked all the notification settings on both my Kindle Fire as well as the Messenger App myself, and everything seems to be in order. Does anyone have any ideas about to fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saraheha View Post
    I use the Facebook Messenger App on my Kindle Fire to call my children, and they call me back using the same app (either from their own tablets, or from their phone). I've been using this app for about a year, ever since I got my Kindle Fire. Several months ago, my Kindle Fire stopped ringing when there's an incoming Messenger call. It was very sudden. A call was coming in, and there were a few rings, then it suddenly stopped, and has not rung since. I do get a "ping" after the person hangs up, just as I do after a text message has come in on Messenger. I've checked all the notification settings on both my Kindle Fire as well as the Messenger App myself, and everything seems to be in order. Does anyone have any ideas about to fix this?
    I have no knowledge of the face book app, but i do know that later apps installed some times change the,settings/ permissions of already installed apps AND that some times apps just stop working properly all on their own .

To that end, i would start by looking in the,setting of the face book app, it must have a turn on/ off ring setting and then if that doesn't work, uninstall/ reinstall it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I have no knowledge of the face book app, but i do know that later apps installed some times change the,settings/ permissions of already installed apps AND that some times apps just stop working properly all on their own .

To that end, i would start by looking in the,setting of the face book app, it must have a turn on/ off ring setting and then if that doesn't work, uninstall/ reinstall it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I've already tried both of those things, without success.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You haven't made it clear if you have found the turn ringer on/ off function or not, if not its most certainly there and your looking in the wrong place, if you have and its on, then its most likely that another installed app have changed the the permissions. I had a similar issue, where an app unknown cut the internet connection to other apps. I just deleted everything after u till it came back. It's really how much effort you want to invest to get your ringer back, to the extent of a factory reset if it comes to that

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    You haven't made it clear if you have found the turn ringer on/ off function or not, if not its most certainly there and your looking in the wrong place, if you have and its on, then its most likely that another installed app have changed the the permissions. I had a similar issue, where an app unknown cut the internet connection to other apps. I just deleted everything after u till it came back. It's really how much effort you want to invest to get your ringer back, to the extent of a factory reset if it comes to that
    Thanks for your suggestions, and sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I did find the ringer on/off function, and it is on. I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I haven't yet tried to delete other apps, but I have very few installed. I'll have to look into that next, and as a last resort I'll try a factory reset for the whole Kindle Fire. I've been avoiding that because I have a few things (like unread books) on it that I'd lose.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links