Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's the story with HBO GO?

This is a discussion on What's the story with HBO GO? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Perhaps I purchased the wrong device? Sure, I-pad presents with its power hungry company but everything is setup to work without major (internal) turf battles. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's the story with HBO GO?

Member #
    Perhaps I purchased the wrong device? Sure, I-pad presents with its power hungry company but everything is setup to work without major (internal) turf battles. Open box, register, and get going. Having said that I'm seeing in Android devices (which I thought were Open Source) to include Kindle. "You can do this but not on your device," Really? I had a basic low-end unknown android tablet and could get the Android Market. Now, no matter what you pay for your device one thing or another is not authorized for your device. Something to be said about open source. And people are complaining about I-Pad users bowing to their marketing requirements? Okay, I'm stuck with the kindle fire (not even a month) with it's MANY limitations so I'll make the most out of it and save my money for something else. Root this don't Root is basically getting old and does NOT reflect well on a sales market. Regarding the Kindle Fire, reportedly, has moved from 30+ percent to 60+ of the Android market tablet sales. Don't get me wrong, I like the Prime, dual core, Netflix, and I suppose Hulu+, but like other tablet carriers are saying, "it's a wonderful reader". If I had purchased this device from one the TV shopping networks and their 30 day guarantee, it would had already been shipped back. So, I suppose the question is to Root or not Root, and I thought that options had stopped. Sorry for being so negative on the forum but I will get over it. Go ahead and start your flames.

Member #
    Thanks for the updated file. Should be authorized on Amazon's site, don't you think?

Member #
    Oh well, got black screen on the HBOGO after their startup and then the network disconnects much too often. I suppose that is what my laptop is for, and the Fire for reading books.

Member #
    I cannot find a way to download the HBO GO app anywhere reliable, am a paying customer of time warner and just want to watch on kindle, can someone send it to me or email to evanganderson@gmail.com

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by real View Post
    Perhaps I purchased the wrong device? Sure, I-pad presents with its power hungry company but everything is setup to work without major (internal) turf battles. Open box, register, and get going. Having said that I'm seeing in Android devices (which I thought were Open Source) to include Kindle. "You can do this but not on your device," Really? I had a basic low-end unknown android tablet and could get the Android Market. Now, no matter what you pay for your device one thing or another is not authorized for your device. Something to be said about open source. And people are complaining about I-Pad users bowing to their marketing requirements? Okay, I'm stuck with the kindle fire (not even a month) with it's MANY limitations so I'll make the most out of it and save my money for something else. Root this don't Root is basically getting old and does NOT reflect well on a sales market. Regarding the Kindle Fire, reportedly, has moved from 30+ percent to 60+ of the Android market tablet sales. Don't get me wrong, I like the Prime, dual core, Netflix, and I suppose Hulu+, but like other tablet carriers are saying, "it's a wonderful reader". If I had purchased this device from one the TV shopping networks and their 30 day guarantee, it would had already been shipped back. So, I suppose the question is to Root or not Root, and I thought that options had stopped. Sorry for being so negative on the forum but I will get over it. Go ahead and start your flames.
    It probably won't make you feel any better but this is not a case of Amazon screwing customers. It's HBO and its Time Warner owners. What is going on is efforts on the part of various parties to maximize profit in their licensing deals. HBO pulled its HBO Go app from Amazon in order to maximize its value as an app on other devices such as the iPad and their upcoming announcement of a deal with Microsoft for the XBox 360. Get used to it. As content providers, distributors, and manufacturers of hardware devices go after the market for mobile video on demand like jackels devouring a water buffalo, this is what the new world is going to look like.

dvdcatalyst
    The new update of HBO Go makes it work on the Galaxy Nexus and I even got it to work on my Acer A100, but no luck on the Kindle Fire yet

Member #
    Folks: I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I got my Fire just two weeks ago and have been having fun exploring apps and web service. I loaded HBO GO as I subscribe to HBO through Comcast. The video works great for me, watched The Newsroom last night. Should enjoy watching the HBO shows I missed on TV.
    Regards,

Zooter

Member #
    I have tried for two days off and on to get HBO GO set up on my Kindle Fire. I am with Directv and have HBO but am unable to finish registering. I just keep getting a message to try again later. I am fed up trying. It just isn't worth it having to keep typing the same information on the pretend keyboard.

SheilaTN

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Have the same problem. And also a Direct TV user. I sent the program back to the cloud to not use space on my Kindle. If I ever find the solution I'll put it back on the system.

Member #
    I'm happy to report that all the Time Warner cable subscribers should be able to log in and use HBO Go now! I just registered on the app (I have TWC) and its working great!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links