Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's the story with HBO GO?

This is a discussion on What's the story with HBO GO? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Well if someone has or finds an APK that works, please drop it in your drop box and pm me/us/post a link. I'm away from ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's the story with HBO GO?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Well if someone has or finds an APK that works, please drop it in your drop box and pm me/us/post a link. I'm away from my puter for the week.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGreen View Post
    I appreciate the effort, though...."HBOGO is not supported on this device" is what I get when I fire it up. Oh well.
    I have found a way for HBO Go to work!

1. Turn off your wifi on the Fire. 2. Start hbo go app 3. App will state it needs Internet connection 4. Turn wifi back on 5. Click try again button in hbo app 6. Enjoy!
    grvthang likes this.

Member #

Unhappy Newbie (sort of) so don't get too technical..help with hbogo

Got a KF. Love it so far.
    Dont own an android device other than the Fire.
    Have been making many (frustating) attempts to sideload hbogo.apk file onto my Kindle Fire.
    This is what I tried so far. Installed dropbox, searched the web and installed a suspicious looking .apk file (in dropbox) on my computer. Accessed dropbox via the Fire and installed the App. Unfortunately does not launch (says something like incompatible on Fire!!). unsure whether the app was faulty or whether the powers that be at Amazon is preventing use of hbo on KF!
    So, can someone mention or document a .apk file (for hbogo) that can be directly downloded to my computer (dropbox) and subsequently sideloaded on the Fire?
    Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I can confirm the report in the post directly above your own. There was an update to the Hbogo app where it checks device as it launches. Soooo, turn off the wifi, THEN launch the app. It will say it needs internet. So, turn on the wifi at that point. It works just fine after that. .....for now.

Its obvious that a change was made specifically to cut out the Fire, for whatever reason. So, there's no telling how long this will work.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGreen View Post
    I can confirm the report in the post directly above your own. There was an update to the Hbogo app where it checks device as it launches. Soooo, turn off the wifi, THEN launch the app. It will say it needs internet. So, turn on the wifi at that point. It works just fine after that. .....for now.

Its obvious that a change was made specifically to cut out the Fire, for whatever reason. So, there's no telling how long this will work.
    Well, I've tried this and I still can't get it to work. Any other suggestions?

Banned
    Member #
    Here is a new customized version that I'm using, the new updated "com.HBO-1.apk", it's semi auto screen rotation, but it plays all video in the landscape mode, get it HERE MOD EDIT.

Plaease note: Remove the current version HBOGO.apk that you already have on your mobile device, before installing the new customized version com.HBO-1.apk app. enjoy .....
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoluv View Post
    Here is a new customized version that I'm using, the new updated "com.HBO-1.apk", it's semi auto screen rotation, but it plays all video in the landscape mode, get it HERE MOD EDIT

Plaease note: Remove the current version HBOGO.apk that you already have on your mobile device, before installing the new customized version com.HBO-1.apk app. enjoy .....

Has any one else tryed this yet on unrooted KF?
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tersec View Post
    Has any one else tryed this yet on unrooted KF?
    It will work on a rooted or unrooted Amazon Kindle Fire ....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIl View Post
    Well, I've tried this and I still can't get it to work. Any other suggestions?
    Reread, retried and now it works. Pays to pay better attention.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cretinzen View Post
    I have found a way for HBO Go to work!

1. Turn off your wifi on the Fire. 2. Start hbo go app 3. App will state it needs Internet connection 4. Turn wifi back on 5. Click try again button in hbo app 6. Enjoy!
    Man, that works like a charm! Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links