Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Silk Browser

This is a discussion on Silk Browser within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; The Silk browser on the Kindle Fire is a good mobile browser, but it has a few problems. The browser opens extra tabs without being ...

Thread: Silk Browser

Member #

Silk Browser

The Silk browser on the Kindle Fire is a good mobile browser, but it has a few problems. The browser opens extra tabs without being prompted to do so. The mobile pages of the New York Times sometimes revert to the regular PC pages, with text squeezed into narrow columns or off the side of the columns. One can use the "spectacles" at the bottom as an alternative to the paper's mobile app, but it is slow to load and has problems backtracking to the main pages. Does anyone have workarounds for these problems?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Silk Browser

Welcome to the forum.
    Have a look at Dolphin on the Amazon market. I use Firefox but had to sideload it.
    If Dolphin doesn't do the trick for you post back and I'll give a detailed instruction how to sideload Firefox.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Smile Opera MObile

There are several browsers out there that work better than Silk. I use Opera MObile for most of my on line work. Mobile 1 and Getjar will let you sideload several besides whats available on the Amazon site. You have a ton of aps out there and you don't have to do anything special to get them. Mobile 1 and Getjar both have aps available that let you use them just like you do with the Amazon site.
    Once you install the app for each of these sites you are free to use them without rooting or anything else. When you run the app you are taken to each of the sites and allowed to view all of the apps available. Its also nice that all of the apps on Mobile 1 and Getjar are FREE. What do you have to lose. Have at it. fdalbor

Member #

Re: Silk Browser

I'm a Firefox fan myself and that is what I use.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Ok how and where do i go go to get these to download using silk??

Quote Originally Posted by fdalbor View Post
    There are several browsers out there that work better than Silk. I use Opera MObile for most of my on line work. Mobile 1 and Getjar will let you sideload several besides whats available on the Amazon site. You have a ton of aps out there and you don't have to do anything special to get them. Mobile 1 and Getjar both have aps available that let you use them just like you do with the Amazon site.
    Once you install the app for each of these sites you are free to use them without rooting or anything else. When you run the app you are taken to each of the sites and allowed to view all of the apps available. Its also nice that all of the apps on Mobile 1 and Getjar are FREE. What do you have to lose. Have at it. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Do a goggle search for both 1market and getjar and it will show you several sites where you can download the app. After you have downloaded it run the app and it will install the necessary app on to your fire. Just make sure you download the app with the .apk extension on it to install the necessary files on your fire. After the app is installed it will update itself to keep your available files current. fdalbor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links