Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alternate Web Browsers.for Fire?

This is a discussion on Alternate Web Browsers.for Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm getting a Java null script on a work website that I REALLY need to work if I'm going to make this.a laptop replacement. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Alternate Web Browsers.for Fire?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Alternate Web Browsers.for Fire?

I'm getting a Java null script on a work website that I REALLY need to work if I'm going to make this.a laptop replacement.

I use Atomic Web Browser on my iPhone in the same instances now. What do you recommend?

Really loving this thing I gotta.say.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Try Splashtop and access your laptop remotely from the Fire? When I was using an ipad it was the only thing I could find to work around all the ios limitations plus it has the benefit of being able to grab files or whatever, that are on the desktop/laptop while away from home and I can stream videos on the desktop and watch them on my tablet

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I think I am going to try and "sideload" a browser. Can someone give me advice on which one I should be looking for? How I would do such a thing?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I was able to get Dolphin HD running on the Fire. Downloaded the APK, and dropboxed it over. However, it didn't solve my "Java null script" problem. Dammit.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Opera Mobile. Fail.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Firefox worked! Yea!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    is there a way so that when you tap the web label at the top it will open your preferred browser and not the silk browser?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I doubt it without rooting, seeing as how there are zero alternate browsers in the amazon app store. ...and zero way to access that level of change without rooting. I don't want to root.
    buzz4infinity likes this.

EdF
    Member #
    I downloaded Opera Mobile using the direct link available on "choose specific version". I then used Easy Installer from the Amazon Apps store to install it. Note that I had rooted the system previously (don't know whether it's necessary) and enabled the "Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources" option in the Advanced settings menu. Works fine, including Opera Link. Too bad Opera Mail isn't part of Opera Mobile.

- Ed

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you install the Google Android market or sideload it, I'd suggest browser selector. Basically you have it get invoked when you type a link. The the app will give you a list of all installed browsers to pick from. You have the option of locking in a sure to a browser. So you could say that all pages of newegg.com open in Dolphin HD and all from bestbuy.com open in Opera, etc. A full example, say you search on Google with the silk browser for "toy helicopter" and find a link to one on newegg.com. When you click on the link the Browser Selector app gives you a choice between silk, dolphin and opera along with a checkbox to always use the chosen browser for the site. You choose dolphin and check the box and from now on clicking a link to newegg anywhere opens the page in dolphin browser.

The sites and browsers are just examples using apps and sites I use and are not intended to be a recommendation.

Ads