Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Apps That Don't Work

This is a discussion on Apps That Don't Work within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by drojas The Bank of America app does not work side loaded. you can get Bank of America downloaded from Getjar apps. it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Apps That Don't Work

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drojas View Post
    The Bank of America app does not work side loaded.
    you can get Bank of America downloaded from Getjar apps. it works just fine!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks. Found out about es explorer from your post. Now I feel powerful.
    HEDB9304 likes this.

Member #
    I have three so far that don't work: Jorte Calendar, Swype both sideloaded fine into the Kindle Fire but Jorte calendar won't let you choose Google to sync with. Sync button is grayed out. Swype installs but doesn't open and isn't listed as a choice in the input method. Lastly, Slingbox, slingmedia installs but won't connect on its own because they need to verify Market ID. A get around is to use Splashtop Remote and just watch it from your home computer. That works great.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post
    Best Buy app no workie
    red box no workie

Both were side loaded, wasn't sure if they were in the market or not, but thought I would try it anyway
    There is now a Redbox app for the Kindle Fire in the app store and it works great..

Member #

Cool Jorte does work

Quote Originally Posted by geekymamaw View Post
    I have three so far that don't work: Jorte Calendar, Swype both sideloaded fine into the Kindle Fire but Jorte calendar won't let you choose Google to sync with. Sync button is grayed out. Swype installs but doesn't open and isn't listed as a choice in the input method. Lastly, Slingbox, slingmedia installs but won't connect on its own because they need to verify Market ID. A get around is to use Splashtop Remote and just watch it from your home computer. That works great.
    Jorte works you just have to install the Google Services Framework, once you do that you can also install any actual Google apps. Such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Music, etc. No need to root.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by judpma View Post
    you can get Bank of America downloaded from Getjar apps. it works just fine!
    It's not an app, it's a short cut to the mobile web version.

March 10 2012
    Update on the Bank Of America app, there is now a Kindle Fire version over at Amazon store.
    Last edited by drojas; 03-10-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Member #
    Is there a sideload for Friendcaster or FB messenger ? The one from Amazon wont work on my Kindle and I cant figure out why.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by craigevil View Post
    Jorte works you just have to install the Google Services Framework, once you do that you can also install any actual Google apps. Such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Music, etc. No need to root.
    Using the email app, contacts and calendar programs that came bundled with the unit was working and syncing to my Google just fine until the past few days. Apparently, Google made a change to their apps infrastructure and all of the Kindle apps have stopping syncing. I called Amazon and they confirmed this problem. They managed to get the gmail accounts to sync with the KFHD, but contacts and calendar bug fix updates is unknown when that will be sent out.

Anyone else experience this recently?

Member #
    Can anyone help? Where do I find out about google services framework and what do people mean by sideloading?

Thanks any help appreciated.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
    Many people may not know this, but although the Fire does not have an onboard mic, it will support headsets with built-in mics. This allows you to use apps requiring a microphone. I was able to install and use Tape-A-Talk (an audio recording app) and GStrings (a guitar tuner). These apps need to be sideloaded, because the Amazon App Store will not offer them (you may need to have the headset plugged in when installing the app, or else the app will not locate the mic and fail to install).

I have not yet tried using Skype or Google Voice.
    Then what exactly is the reason for Skype coming pre-installed if there is no Mic???

Sry if I sound stupid. I just recently bought my Kindle.

Ads